COMAND - Which Revision to use

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toots

Car
2002 CLK 320 coupe
Still trying to understand this Mercedes COMAND system.
In navigation mode the sytem does not show the road I live in, even though we have been here 10 years!!:crazy:

My question is, can I use any COMAND disc , i.e. the latest version available, in the unit or am I limited to the disc that came with it?

Toots,

I had the same problem in my C class. I had V4.0 which did not show my road. I now have V6.1 which actually now shows my road and of course has the advantages of TMC. I still have one for sale if you are interested. I see you have a CLK this version states on the back CLK_KLASSE (>06/04).

toots said:
Still trying to understand this Mercedes COMAND system.
In navigation mode the sytem does not show the road I live in, even though we have been here 10 years!!:crazy:

My question is, can I use any COMAND disc , i.e. the latest version available, in the unit or am I limited to the disc that came with it?

What comand do you have in your car? How old is your car? Is it a W209 or a W208?

Alfie,
Seem to have some finger trouble this early in the morning, please ignore last reply.
Excuse my ignorance at this time, but how do I determine "what Comand I have in my car" ?
Model is a 2002 320 CLK coupe and I am led to believe from DC Insider through this forum that itis a C209.

toots said:
Alfie,
Seem to have some finger trouble this early in the morning, please ignore last reply.
Excuse my ignorance at this time, but how do I determine "what Comand I have in my car" ?
Model is a 2002 320 CLK coupe and I am led to believe from DC Insider through this forum that itis a C209.

Okay, your comand is most likely an A208 model (if it was factory fitted) as your car is a W208 CLK. The type of COMAND is COMAND 2 DX. All you need to do is to obtain a newer (the latest) navigation CD. I suspect that the one you have is out of date and therefore does not have all the roads on it you think it should have.

www.navshop.com sell the relevant disks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom