Comand

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by manbow, Aug 20, 2008.

1. manbow

manbow New Member

can anyone help retro fitted comand in my 2003 c class all working but map shows me in scotland where unit came from when im in london? gps antenna in dash not sure in right place?also does anyone know anyone who can code the unit in s/london / kent/?

2. Diesel Benz

Diesel Benz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
    Is the antenna place correctly, upside upwards? It should have no metal shielding the view to satellites, not sure which is the right place for a C-class, could be at the top of the instrument cluster (hidden).

Have you tried the car outside at open sky, wait long enough? How many satellites does it show, must be zero?

3. HughJarse

HughJarse Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    c250
    Is yours a dvd or cd based comand?
    If its dvd - have you driven the car - you need to drive it may a couple of hundred metres to sort itself out.

The gps unit should be sticky side down and best place is on top of airvent pipes.

Also post in electronics section in future, you'll get a lot more replies.

Im sure one of our nightshift elves will magically appear and move this though :)

Oh and welcome to forum!

4. Brett

Brett Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    XC90
    Is it a genuine disc? I had all sorts of problems with the sat nav on one of the cars that I bought until I replaced the knocked off disc that came with the vehicle with the genuine article. Problem was resolved immediately! Just a thought...

5. verytalldave

verytalldave Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 C200K Cubanite
    ALFIE ! ! ! ;)

6. speedybiker

speedybiker Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What year is your car?
    Did you get a wiring loom with it?
    Does your comand look like this one?

[​IMG]

If it does then it is a pre-facelift W203 model and it requires to be calibrated.

Go to this website:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite/comand_manual.htm

Click on the C and year 2003.
    The calibration instructions are on page 189.
    It's easy to do but if you get stuck, send me an Email on with your pnone Number and I'll help you with it. sts1927@googlemail.com. (Giving you this Email because I check Email's on this all day long)

7. Alfie

Alfie Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    W169 A, W205 C, W451 smart
    This will be a pre-facelift as the facelifted comand units came into cars from april 2004 build onwards (MY2005).

This is almost certainly because your unit has not seen at least four satellites yet. Once it does it will update its position.

With a navigation disk in it, press MAP. How many satellites does it show in the top right corner of the screen. My guess is 00. Make sure the antenna is facing up. If you have an aftermarket one then it will most likely be magnetic in which case the magnet faces down. Leave it for 15 minutes or so with the MAP display showing. The unit will then collect satellites providing there is no metal obsuring the antennas view of the sky.

Presumeably you have used an adapter loom for the comand to provide the necessary canbus signals to the C2? If not, then the unit wont function properly.

Tags: