Comedy Car seen today .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Hope this isn't anyone on here ...

While driving down Hampton Hill High St today , i had the misfortune to sit behind a ...... wait for it ........ 'C23' :rolleyes:

It had the AMG back box (square pipes a la C36) and an AMG badge on the right .... with 'C23' on the left .....it also had the staggered AMG alloys ....

Reg checks show it to be a C230k ;)

Someone is obviously trying it on ......

So , if you are the driver of S747 JOH , you've been rumbled .... C23 indeed .... :D still , made me giggle ....

I'll keep my eyes peeled ;)

Will

I witnessed an ML27 yesterday too. Just after i'd seen David Hasselhoff at my local book store. All in all a strange day.

Maybe someone is stealing all the 0's ???

I myself was the proud owner of an A17 for a short time following a paint job at the local body shop! (I think it was all the solvent in the air - the ring from the rear star also dropped off!)

Its very possible that his '0's have been nicked. Did the C23 have an AMG badge on the right? If not then I reckon someone's nicked his '0' :)

Yes the C23 :rolleyes: was done to look exactly like a C36 , exhaust, kit, staggered wheels and the dreaded AMG badge .....

If you are that much of a pretender why not just buy a C36 badge along with all the other gubbins .... :confused:

No this chap was just a pretender .... not THE great pretender ....... ;)

Howard said:
No this chap was just a pretender .... not THE great pretender ....... ;)
Yes, that would be impossible...
tgpret.jpg

:rock:

It would appear that Elvis has left the building!

At lest the guy wasn't trying to make the engine out to be something it isnt. Nothing wroong with enhancing the looks of a car I.e AMG kit on a non AMG car. There are many people who would love to own the real things but can simply not afford to run them.

I find myself looking closely at the badging of Mercs though and it is amazing how man people try it on. I think the worst I have seen was a C180 Classic with normal factory wheels and badged as an AMG C36. Now that looked a joke :D

I have no problem with it either Shaun .....

But to make up a badge that is purely a fictional model ...... that's just nonsense ....

He should have just put the AMG on the right hand side and left the left hand clear ..... would look good and keep people guessing instead of keeping them laughing ....... ;)

someone is driving around with a SL50000000 AMG, i think they have all our 0's

Jaypea said:
someone is driving around with a SL50000000 AMG, i think they have all our 0's
'O' dear, 'O' dear, 'O' dear,
I wonder if it is grounds for an 'O' lee war

John
'O's zat

I used to live in an apartment block overlooking Victoria Dock in East London which had a secure underground carpark. I noticed an 'enhanced' CLK a few spaces up and upon closer inspection had discovered that it was a 'CLK32'.

;-)

The guy spotted me cleaning the Crossfire one day and came over to tell me about his 'special AMG car'.

I once did something similar for pure comedy, and you'd be amazed at how many dumb people thought I wasn't kidding:

A 1.3L Nissan Micra with "4WD 16V Twin Turbo". I later replaced it with "Tyre Smoking 16v 55Kw".

scotth_uk said:
The guy spotted me cleaning the Crossfire one day and came over to tell me about his 'special AMG car'.

And what did you say?

there's nothing wrong in wanting your car to look like a higher spec car in the range but personally i would de badge the car instead of putting badges that say c36 or c43 because it leaves people guessing if it really is genuine or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom