Comfort access?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peppernick

Car
E500 Sport Coupe
My car has comfort access. The steering wheel tilts upward when I remove the key from the barrel.

On a CLK55 today, when I tilt the backrest of the front seat forward, the seat actually slide forward to create more space for easier access to the rear seats.

My 350 doesn't do that. Is this 'normal' for non AMG models? Or am I seeing a warranty fix in the pipe line?

on my 203 '03 C270cdi avantgarde I've this option with the memory driver seat: I can choose between only the steering wheel upward movement or additionally also the seat movement.

yes it works on most memory models... it can also be switched off on some models by turning the stalk that controls the steering wheel adjustment.

We were scratching our heads on that one for a long time with a CL after it 'stopped working'... even had it on a star machine!!

I cas set this function by means of the car menù, via the steering wheel push button

....and just what were you doing in a CLK 55 Nick?

Still contemplating that AMG itch? :D

On my W208 with memory seats if you tilted the seat forward it would motor forward. On the W209 with comfort and memory seats the seat will only mechnically moved forward if the comfort setting is far enough back.

Another not so good in the W209 is that compared to the W208 the seat belt shoulder harness feels 'tight' yet on the w208 it relaxed when you switched on the ignition.

They turned off the seat moving function at some point quite recently. We can turn it back on again :)

R

Try getting them to fix the CLK350 under warranty for that CLK55 :)

You know that's what you want, anythink you keep doing to the 350 you know you want more :)

Driving that v8 in the USA I bet hasn't helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom