Comfort electric Window switches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dauphinflyer

Car
190E 2.0 Carat by Duchatelet
Hi there,
I was wondering how difficult it is to fit those electric window switches to my '93 190 which open and close the windows at one touch, as in automatic opening and closing?

Is it just a question of changing the switches or is it more involved?

Also which electric sunblind for the rear do I have to buy in order to retrofit it to my 190?

Any Ideas are greatly apreciated.

regards Dauphinflyer :)

Don't know if it is really the switches or the car's memory that controls this.
Have you tried resetting them ? ie open window fully, then press DOWN again
then close window and press UP again. You should hear a clunk.
Then see if they are now in 'auto' mode.

I am just about to undertake retrofitting this to my W201.
Taking the loom/control pack and switches from a W124...will let you know how i get on, should be done by next weekend.

I am gonna try a 202 sunblind, when i have one come in, but so far have tried W126 and W140 with no luck.

Ricky

Munkee said:
Novice question: What are comfort electric window switches?
One touch action to fully open or fully close a window, i.e. you don't have to keep your finger pressed on the button whilst the glass moves up or down.

S.

Steve_Perry said:
One touch action to fully open or fully close a window, i.e. you don't have to keep your finger pressed on the button whilst the glass moves up or down.
they got really tricky in the early 90s because a fiat one-shot electric window strangled a child when s/he stepped on the button on the door while leaning out of the open car window. After that they packed cars up with complex electronics to prevent it from happening again. Of course putting the buttons on the centre console would help for starters! ;)

Shude said:
they got really tricky in the early 90s because a fiat one-shot electric window strangled a child when s/he stepped on the button on the door while leaning out of the open car window. After that they packed cars up with complex electronics to prevent it from happening again. Of course putting the buttons on the centre console would help for starters! ;)

Only Fiat could make a door controller where the window goes up when you press on the button.

Well I have normal switches for my electric windows (I think they're called rocker switches), but if I want to convert to 'comfort' then is it as simple as just replacing the switches? Where can I buy them from for a W124 and how much do they cost?

Thanx guys

Munkee said:
Well I have normal switches for my electric windows (I think they're called rocker switches), but if I want to convert to 'comfort' then is it as simple as just replacing the switches? Where can I buy them from for a W124 and how much do they cost?

Thanx guys

How old is your W124 ? If you have got chrome strips on the door handles then you should be able to re-program them, as in #2 above.

I have '95 E200 facelift - 124, yes with chrome strips on the door handles (good way to identify the newer model).

Would I need to remove the doorcards to do any re-programming?

Where can I buy the comfort switches?

My W124CE only has comfort switches for down only and not up... I think this is common for all coupe models and convertibles but I'm not entirely sure why.

Munkee said:
I have '95 E200 facelift - 124, yes with chrome strips on the door handles (good way to identify the newer model).

Would I need to remove the doorcards to do any re-programming?

Where can I buy the comfort switches?

As stated in #2 above,
To re-program, press and hold switch down until fully down, the press down again.
Repeat for UP. That should do it.
If you really do need replacement switches I think V12 can supply them.

Just had a problem with "comfort" window switch in our W168 A-Class.
The one touch part of the rocker switch stopped working.
After some head scratching I gave up thinking dodgy switch.
Then I searched & found this thread.
Advice on re-programming the switch from PJH saved the day.
Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom