Comfort mode c63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I find S+ so jerky at low speeds around town, sounds amazing but so jerky, may just use S in those situations. Haven’t done a TCU reset in mine yet since owning so that’s another thing to do

S is well judged for an A/B road blast driving at 5-8 tenths. Seems to change up quicker when you're just rolling but still drops cogs much quicker than C or M.

I use a mixture C to warm the engine and usually S+ to put a smile on my face and S usually when I am on the motorway/a/b roads and cruising.

I usually do opt for C in the wet.

I spend most of the time in C to be honest but do enjoy the mentality of S+ when the occasion permits or is required :cool:

Haven't used S since trying it when I first bought the car and couldn't see what it was for ?

I drive my W213 E63s in C nearly all of the time. The traffic in the south of England is too heavy to make selecting S or S+ anything other than pointless. In S+ the car is lively and manic waiting to be unleashed. 'Not much use in everyday driving where I live. But there are occasions when it is fun to let do what it does best, which makes buying an AMG worthwhile. Putting it in 'bonkers' mode most of the time is a waste of petrol.

I’ve only scanned this thread, so I may be mistaken, but am I right in saying that none of you AMG guys even use the paddles? ‍:fail:

“C” is for warming the drivetrain and “M” is for driving.

The only other time I would use any automatic setting is if I ever get stuck in stop/start traffic.

I drive my W213 E63s in C nearly all of the time. The traffic in the south of England is too heavy to make selecting S or S+ anything other than pointless. In S+ the car is lively and manic waiting to be unleashed. 'Not much use in everyday driving where I live. But there are occasions when it is fun to let do what it does best, which makes buying an AMG worthwhile. Putting it in 'bonkers' mode most of the time is a waste of petrol.

Drive in “C” nearly most of the time.
Location traffic renders S & S+ pointless.
Lively modes are a waste of petrol.

You sure you bought the right car, mate?

I drive in “M” 99% of the time and I’m loud about it.
Petrol is not a concern when I take the AMG out.

Hell, is it necessary for me to put V-Power in my lawn mower?
Probably not, but I like how it pops and bangs :cool:

M is clunky for daily commuting in traffic but yes I do switch into it sometimes. Mine is not a high days car, it's an everyday car so the auto modes are actually very nice to use.

Haven’t attempted M in mine yet, need to get more used to it!

You should.
The drive is a lot more engaging, rather then just mashing the throttle in auto modes.

No matter how good an auto box is, it never does what you want, when you want it to. It’s really annoying which is why I prefer changing gears myself.

Drive in “C” nearly most of the time.
Location traffic renders S & S+ pointless.
Lively modes are a waste of petrol.

You sure you bought the right car, mate?

I drive in “M” 99% of the time and I’m loud about it.
Petrol is not a concern when I take the AMG out.

Hell, is it necessary for me to put V-Power in my lawn mower?
Probably not, but I like how it pops and bangs :cool:

I think he has the right car, the same for me.

Unfortunately we don't live in Germany with access to some nice unrestricted autobahn's or sparsely populated rural areas with empty A/B roads.

Having done the AMG track day at Brooklands I can't see how an average driver like me is going to out-think the auto box or other driving aids on public roads without ending up in a ditch or worse.

The bangs/pops are fun every so often but for me it is not something I want to do on the way to B & Q, the car attracts enough attention as it is without me adding to this by driving like a loon in a built-up area.

i drive in “manual “ mode pretty much anytime I'm not in comfort mode. I cant say it is a proper manual mode though on the w205 because it downshifts automatically depending on how slow the car is moving. so I might be in 4th and after braking I'll be in 2nd gear without knowing and then put my foot on the gas as if im in 4th. so very entertaining lol I would only watch out a little bit if driving in a sportier mode in very wet conditions otherwise manual mode is lovely.

manual mode is a must for enjoying the pops and bangs to their fullest in sport plus and race mode ;) and even sport mode...

Also as other posters say, it does increase driving engagement a fair bit.

I think he has the right car, the same for me.

Unfortunately we don't live in Germany with access to some nice unrestricted autobahn's or sparsely populated rural areas with empty A/B roads.

Having done the AMG track day at Brooklands I can't see how an average driver like me is going to out-think the auto box or other driving aids on public roads without ending up in a ditch or worse.

The bangs/pops are fun every so often but for me it is not something I want to do on the way to B & Q, the car attracts enough attention as it is without me adding to this by driving like a loon in a built-up area.

Autobahns?
Driving like a loon?
I find it interesting that people often associate fast cars with top-end speed and irratic driving.
It’s not about that to me.
It’s more a case of being able to enjoy bends and accelerating by having more control of the gearbox and being the one to decide what gear to be in at any given time.

Manual allows you to hold gears, utilise engine braking, more effectively preparing for corner entry/ exit, be able to enjoy the vocals of the exhaust note etc.

This is far more enjoyable to me than driving in auto modes.

i drive in “manual “ mode pretty much anytime I'm not in comfort mode. I cant say it is a proper manual mode though on the w205 because it downshifts automatically depending on how slow the car is moving. so I might be in 4th and after braking I'll be in 2nd gear without knowing and then put my foot on the gas as if im in 4th. so very entertaining lol I would only watch out a little bit if driving in a sportier mode in very wet conditions otherwise manual mode is lovely.

manual mode is a must for enjoying the pops and bangs to their fullest in sport plus and race mode ;) and even sport mode...

Also as other posters say, it does increase driving engagement a fair bit.

Yes, not a full manual as they are effectively auto boxes with manual overrides.

Auto downshifting only occurs when refs drop low, where it will downshift as an anti-stall measure.
This is only natural in auto gearbox design and understandable.

Autobahns?
It’s more a case of being able to enjoy bends and accelerating by having more control of the gearbox and being the one to decide what gear to be in at any given time.

Manual allows you to hold gears, utilise engine braking, more effectively preparing for corner entry/ exit, be able to enjoy the vocals of the exhaust note etc.

This is far more enjoyable to me than driving in auto modes.
I agree.

The problem is hardly ever finding a piece of road unoccupied to actually do this.

I agree.

The problem is hardly ever finding a piece of road unoccupied to actually do this.

Indeed.
Which is why I tend to take mine for a worthy run to the Italian Alps each year.

France-Black Forest-Austria-Alps.

That way, I can really enjoy the car for what it is.

Sweet.

I do enjoy a good eurotrip, we're in France quite regularly which is better than here. Need to get some further afield stuff sorted out. New baby at Xmas will probably mean it won't be next year though.

Sweet.

I do enjoy a good eurotrip, we're in France quite regularly which is better than here. Need to get some further afield stuff sorted out. New baby at Xmas will probably mean it won't be next year though.

French roads are really good. Unfortunately due to insurance complications, my C63 sits in England at the moment and I drive around in a Peugeot 307 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom