Comic Relief

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
8 mins in and it's already got me blubbing :( :( Snow Patrol Chasing Cars and that footage - please donate and help make a difference - oh and stop me blubbing :D

Ahhh, there there....Top Gear Pop of the Tops is at 10pm :bannana:

We did the usual money to dress down at work and the grandsons duped Grandma and Grandad into handing over more money. Plus someone at work had a great idea - 2 extra days leave up for raffle at £5 a ticket. Not sure how much was raised but I'm willing to bet it was quite a bit!

Did Clarkson Swear at the start...? better bleep it out before my kiddo wants to watch it

Did Clarkson Swear at the start...? better bleep it out before my kiddo wants to watch it

Yes ;)

One of the wholesalers I deal with was asking for a donation of whatever you wanted to offer with any orders placed with them today, for every pound donated by their account holders, they were going to donate double. This sounded like a good idea untill one of their rivals got wind of it and offered to donate £3million to them :D!!!

Whilst I detest Tony Blair, and all he stands for, I found his sketch with Catherine Tate one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV.

Great television! And I still hate him, with a vengeance.

Having lived in Nairobi I urge everyone to donate. I have seen poverty there but nothing like tonights portrayal. I consider myself to be fortunate to have good health, a caring family, a career I enjoy and many people I can consider friends. Looking at tonights program I thought to myself that those portrayed do not have what I have. So a little out of your salary is not going to hurt you (£1 even) but it can make a difference if everyone did it.

If everyone in the world gave everyone else in the world 1p...

Pammy - I'm no different. I'm a big softy, and I'm glad I went out last night, as it really upsets me.

Strange how it seems to upset me more as I get older - maybe that's the wisdom that comes with age and experience - we realise how lucky we are, and how important it is to offer help to those around us.

Hehe, I didn't watch it.

But...

On monday night I stayed locked in an office with 2 friends, no food, no sleep, from 2pm till 2pm the next day..and this was all live on cam. :)

People could phone in and offer us challenges! :) We'd do them on cam. My friends who were both male, dressed as woman, so I was dressed as a man for part.

It all went well, I was shattered by the end of it though!

So far we've raised £670!

www.myrednoseday.com/solent

Well done.

Having lived in Nairobi I urge everyone to donate. I have seen poverty there but nothing like tonights portrayal. .
I will never forget that poor baby suffering from malnutrition, but what disgusted me even more was the sight of the mother well fed and wearing four gold rings???

I was in Eritrea during their 1970's famine, not nice at all, but the corruption sickened me even more. I give to worthy charities but having seen first hand the corruption that takes place really turns my stomach. Ship loads of Red Cross grain confiscated by customs, who in turn sell these ship loads of Red Cross grain to the military, who in turn sell this Red Cross cargo to the black market and the Red Cross??????

The starving people who had no money were at the very bottom of this pecking order and they simply starved to death whilst this freely donated grain was SOLD in the open market still in its Red Cross sacking. :mad: :mad: Sorry to be so down beat on such a serious occasion and we are indeed very, very fortunate to live in this beautiful country.

Well done to those that did donate,

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom