coming soon on collecting cars...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonboyE63

Car
2012 E63 Wagon
This looks very clean & i'm sure white is a rare colour...LHD, so could be perfect for those long awaited euro-cruises...

There's a view members looking for one in the wanted section....

Very interested in what this sells for. Auction prices are the only way to really gauge a market, but as this is an import and LHD it may be a bit of an outlier

Wow. I'm amazed by the attention to detail of taking photos of things that have had no attention to detail applied to them!!

Look at those front brake calipers. Is that just brake filth left on because the wheel was in the way during cleaning? Or is it permanent staining/corrosion of the calipers?

And that aftermarket AMG front-centre bonnet badge; they managed to get a lovely shot of all the corrosion and paint staining from the deterioration of the badge, but I have no idea why they would take that photo.

I'm not knocking the general condition of the car, which is good for the age. I'm just wondering either why they took those photos, or didn't sort those cheap issues out before taking the photos?

And a genuine question, as I've not had the pleasure of owning an W211. What is the long draw for next to the glovebox? Cigars? Dildos? A 2-finger Kit Kat? Very long and thin mobile phones of 2006? Seems an odd design choice :rolleyes:

long draw.jpeg

Last edited:
Sunglasses, a pen, a one pound coin for a shopping trolley? I use it for all of those.

That could well be a very nice car, but the claimed detailing doesn't impress (just look at the exhaust pipe tips), there's no service history, it's LHD, and I don't think white suits the W211 estate at all. I'd want to see the MSL invoice and dyno sheet, and test drive it, before bidding.

Sunglasses, a pen, a one pound coin for a shopping trolley? I use it for all of those.
Ha ha, thanks E55BOF. I was wondering if there was a specific w/s211 'thing' or optional extra that was housed in there, but I guess the efficient German engineering was 'here's some unused space, we can squeeze some storage in there'.

And a genuine question, as I've not had the pleasure of owning an W211. What is the long draw for next to the glovebox? Cigars? Dildos? A 2-finger Kit Kat? Very long and thin mobile phones of 2006? Seems an odd design choice :rolleyes:

View attachment 110653
I thought it was supposed to be for business cards for the exec on the road. The bottom of it lifts up from underneath to help getting stuff out.

All your suggestions would be more useful thought imo

I thought it was supposed to be for business cards for the exec on the road. The bottom of it lifts up from underneath to help getting stuff out.

All your suggestions would be more useful thought imo
^ This. It is a perfect fit for business cards but not for the execs/sales reps on the road but for taxi drivers. During my sale rep career I think I've never handed over a business card in a car but got loads from German cabbies - to give them a call when needed a ride. ;)

Wow. I'm amazed by the attention to detail of taking photos of things that have had no attention to detail applied to them!!

Look at those front brake calipers. Is that just brake filth left on because the wheel was in the way during cleaning? Or is it permanent staining/corrosion of the calipers?

And that aftermarket AMG front-centre bonnet badge; they managed to get a lovely shot of all the corrosion and paint staining from the deterioration of the badge, but I have no idea why they would take that photo.

I'm not knocking the general condition of the car, which is good for the age. I'm just wondering either why they took those photos, or didn't sort those cheap issues out before taking the photos?

View attachment 110653

When you sign up to auction your car on this site you agree to the photos being taken. This is great for buyers as you get 150+ photos of all around the car showing all the details. Gives you real confidence to bid, viewing a car or selling it for that matter can be stressful, and the photos help with choosing which cars to view - That it's done by a third party is better for both buyer and seller so long as the car gets eyes on it.

It's done by the auction site rather than the seller, which explains why some of the less attractive details are picked up.

I don't know about you, but I would rather be up front with a potential buyer about faults with a car, so I would be showing the problems with it rather than hoping they don't spot them when they come to view.
Far far better than some grainy portrait photos on ebay.

It's already past £12k, I'm guessing £14k max

Imo photos lie

while a Stage Two detail has been carried out by Alchemy Detailing
You missed a bit..........nice car though.

In my opinion you really need to get yourself in front of a car to have a look, i've bought a couple of cars recently without looking & have been disapointed on both occasions..
Photos can always make something look better than it is..

Reserve not met. Won’t let you see bids now, so not sure how high it got before the auction ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom