COMMAND 2.0 shutting Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tikw2124

Car
2002, W203 C Class 270 CDI Avantgarde Tiptronic, COMMAND, Phone
Hi all. Started car last nigth after work and noticed the COMMAND was off. On switching on, it had reverted to Deutch settings. I never shut it off manually only auto when key removed. This same thing happened about 18 months ago, so, not too much of a problem just, strange. :confused: Battery seems good, can't think of any reason for it to do this, can anyone else?

Many thanks

Hi all. Started car last nigth after work and noticed the COMMAND was off. On switching on, it had reverted to Deutch settings. I never shut it off manually only auto when key removed. This same thing happened about 18 months ago, so, not too much of a problem just, strange. :confused: Battery seems good, can't think of any reason for it to do this, can anyone else?

Many thanks

From your sig i assume it will have the MY01 update due to its age - its for the W203?

my COMAND 2.0 i had in my W208 CLK used to remember the language etc even if completely disconnected from any power source.

have you got the comand set to detect the language from the cluster or set to a specific setting? try changing that to the other option...?

Last edited:
Not sure about setting the language, but, i am not to concerned about having to reset to English. My main concern is, why the COMMAND shut itself down during the day when key our of ignition and all auxiliaries were off.

Not sure about setting the language, but, i am not to concerned about having to reset to English. My main concern is, why the COMMAND shut itself down during the day when key our of ignition and all auxiliaries were off.

how good is your battery?

I had something similar to this on my old w203,It would not come on or there would be a pop from the speakers and it would shut down, it would then come back on and work for a few months, the garage replaced the unit in the end. I was covered by a service agreement. I had fitted the command as a retrofit. The first was then stolen and 2 years later the replacement went like this, so in 3 years of ownership it had three commands.

how good is your battery?

Battery was checked a couple of weeks ago when it was suspect (engine slow to turn over), turned out to be starter motor. Strange thing, it happened again this morning, started car, noticed COMMAND did not come on automatically so, switched it on and language had reset to German. So, this is now the 3rd time it has happened in 18 months. Is this the start of the COMMAND nreaking for good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom