Command and Disc Autochanger removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
I decided to remove my 6 disc autochanger from my 07 Vito 639 as I want to put a powered sub in its place . After removing and unplugging the CD changer my command / radio etc would power up show the MB logo and then go blank and power off . When I reconnect the CD changer it works again as normal Do I have to remove the Harness from the back of the command or delete it in some other way I dont want the CD changer there and it doesnt get used ( i did notice after disconnection that one of the ends of the harness flashed a red light -presumably fibre optic a few times so its probably looking for some sort of handshake ) . I was surprised that it shuts itself down completely ie Radio & satnav ! if it doesnt get it is something else going on here ?? Best / easiest way to delete it ?
Boyd

Thanks for that you dont happen to know the colour coding for the Front Left and right speaker outputs in particular which is positive and negative I want to take the speaker output to a kenwood powered sub (KSC-SW11 ) I think I've identified the Block of 8 wires just which is which in particularly the polarity
I've got
Grey , Grey Brown
Pink , Pink Brown
Green , Green Brown
Blue , Blue Brown
Brown stripe the earth / negative ?
Front Left & front Right ??
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Boyd

Google ISO connector plug. You will find an image that shows which ones are which. Colours may vary but pin location will be correct.

ok will do ,thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom