Command and Text message query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

such01

SUPPORTER
Car
E350 CDI W212
I have command in my 2012 W212, think it is ntg4.5.
I can get text messages displayed and read out, nut the option to call sender and a few others are greyed out.
Any idea why this is?
Also, is it possible to reply to texts within command via voice?

thanks

Have you got an iPhone as not all the functions work with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My W213 will read texts but when I try to reply or write a new one, it says my iPhone 6 doesn't support texting (or something like that). Apparently, it is a Bluetooth profile issue. However, if I hold down the Linguatronic button, Siri takes over and it works fine.

With a iPhone you can only display the text you can't reply (unless you use Siri as above)

Another option is Apple Car Play if you have it, but that reads out your texts and you respond likewise - there's no text display, it's all voice command.

My W213 will read texts but when I try to reply or write a new one, it says my iPhone 6 doesn't support texting (or something like that). Apparently, it is a Bluetooth profile issue. However, if I hold down the Linguatronic button, Siri takes over and it works fine.

Which button is the linguatronic one?

Thanks

The Linguatronic button is the speech recognition button on the left panel of the steering wheel. Just hold it down until Siri beeps.

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread but can anyone tell me if it's possible to show my text messages on screen,I believe I have the command ntg4 and using a Samsung s6 running lollipop.Everything else seems to work apart from the sms feature,thanks.My car is a C180 cgi w204 estate first registered in January 2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom