Command APS: navi version and phone specs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timo

Car
2005 E500 4matic
First I have to apologize in case these questions have already been handled, I tried to search but could not get exact matches. I am a new member of the group and a week old MB owner...

Therefore, I dare ask you few questions:

1) What is the latest version of navigation software for Command APS? The DVD that came with the car is 4.0 Europe and has very poor coverage of Finland (yes, my home country). Can I only use DVD´s provided by MB, or maybe something from Teleatlas? When I asked local MB dealer, I only got info that a new version is coming. Is it not always...? :)

2) My car is fitted with handsfree set but missing only the craddle for the phone. I have ordered that for 6310i. Problem is that my everyday phone is 9300... I suppose there is no way to integrate that in to Command APS with all the features like address book and SMS?

3) I found bluetooth in Command APS and it lists my both phones when activated but when I try to make a connection it breaks immediately after I confirm password with the selected phone. What is this BT used for?

I would appreciate any pieces of information,

Timo

Hi Timo,

As far as I am aware - although I am prepared to be corrected :confused:

1) Version 4.1 is the latest - the rumour is that the next version will be 5.0, I guess major revisions? And you can only use Mercedes discs (naturally!)

2) No - full integration needs to use a Mercedes cradle (£131.00)

3) Agreed, Comand "talks" with Bluetooth phone, but has no functionality - See question 2)

If anyone can offer further advice on Bluetooth it would be great - however I can't see MB loosing the chance for £131.00 every time you change mobile.

Regards

Mike

Thank you Mike, as I was expecting I need to play with two phones and make diversions each time I sit behind the steering wheel. And try to remember to cancel the diversions when I park!

Any idea where I can get info from these new navi versions? Exept the dealer, ofcourse...

br

Timo

Timo said:
Thank you Mike, as I was expecting I need to play with two phones and make diversions each time I sit behind the steering wheel. And try to remember to cancel the diversions when I park!

Any idea where I can get info from these new navi versions? Exept the dealer, ofcourse...

The UK dealers are not much help regarding revisions, the best people are users.

E-bay is sometimes good for buying cheap discs, often the latest version.

I suppose you could borrow the latest disc from a dealer and see if it is worth getting - frustrating not knowing.

Mike

Version 4.1's are going for between £30 and £80 on ebay currently. I notice there is an auction of one starting for 99 pence currently. You may be lucky!

I have just updated from 4.0 to 4.1 and there seems very little difference for the UK not sure about Finland.

Thanks Goldfish, I found also couple of 4.1 on sale. I will check that version with my dealer. If it is any better I'll get one.

Timo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom