Command control scroll knob shaft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shailesh

Car
C180 W204
Hello all, need your help please
My car is Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2011 W204 [2007-2014] Saloon C 180 CGI Saloon
My Navigation control scroll knob seems to be broken, my research suggest that this a common problem and best to replace with replacement metal shaft (available on eBay and Amazon) and various YouTube suggests DIY job. Unfortunately it's way beyond my skill set. So far approached three reputable garages (one does my annual service) and none have actually carried out these works before but suggest around £150+vat to replace if I provide one.

I am in KT3, Surrey, I am wondering if there is a DIY enthusiast out their who has done this and is willing to help me out, for a reasonable reward of course.
Thanks

Best YouTube I can find
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had this problem on my W204 a few months back, it is quite a simple job, there are a couple of videos on Youtube showing how to take it apart, I just had to buy some Torx screwdrivers from Wickes (about £11) then glued the broken shaft with some Araldite. Don't be afraid to have a go an hour or two and save yourself some dosh. The shaft is such a weak design, almost as if designed to fail!

Thank you both
that's who I am looking for, local ICE mob
Any recommendation around my area please ?

How far are you from Lightwater, Surrey? That's where you'll find Unique Car Sounds AKA comand.co.uk (forum sponsors and MB ICE gurus), you'll not find better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom