command dvd copied?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Hi all,

1) Has any1 copied a command DVD successfully?

2) also when using command is there a way of displaying the total miles left for the trip apart from pressing the info button?

:) E​

evdok said:
Hi all,

1) Has any1 copied a command DVD successfully?

2) also when using command is there a way of displaying the total miles left for the trip apart from pressing the info button?

:) E​

Hi,

I believe some people have copied the DVD's and there is at least one person selling illegal copies on that well known auction site. I strongly urge you not to buy or use copies.

With Comand 2 you have to use the info button. With comand APS you can select the remaining distance/time on the map display.

Alfie said:
With Comand 2 you have to use the info button. With comand APS you can select the remaining distance/time on the map display.
Comand 2.0 shows the remaining distance on the (non-map) navigation instructions page, remaining distance and remaining distance to next instruction (usually some junction or other). Remaining time as you say is only on the info page.

You can work out the remaining time pretty quickly yourself, number of miles x2 = number of minutes left ;) Often alarmingly accurate ;)

Alfie said:
Hi,

I believe some people have copied the DVD's and there is at least one person selling illegal copies on that well known auction site. I strongly urge you not to buy or use copies.

Is that cause they don't work or cause your a teleatlas dealer? :D

fuzzer said:
Is that cause they don't work or cause your a teleatlas dealer? :D

Both.

We find copied disks do not read as quick due to retries/errors.

Alfie said:
Both.

I had a few "backup" discs and when my comand cd head refused to read both music and navigation discs the only thing it would eventually look at was a beaten-up, scratched 2001 original disc! :)

ive read lots of websites abpout this, and apparently copied disks do not read in the command unit.

i have never tried it, but who knows.

its also copyright infringment - which is a statutory offence

info button is the only way, its surprising as mentioned how accurate it is.

Thanx for the replies, think ill stick with version 4.1:(

Alfie said:
Both.

wasnt having a dig , was just curious. Must be the firmware on the laser isnt suited to the wavelength of the CDR's againsed pressed silvers.

fuzzer said:
wasnt having a dig , was just curious. Must be the firmware on the laser isnt suited to the wavelength of the CDR's againsed pressed silvers.

No worries, I didnt think you were having a dig.To be honest we have seen some copied disks take ages to find places to navigate to that genuine disks find in seconds. I figure all that time, the laser is reading and re-reading trying and retrying reeatedly which cant be good for the life of these things. Hence we will only sell or provide with units, genuine disks be it teleatlas CD's or APS DVD's.

Copied DVDs work fine, depending on the quality of the blanks, i.e. for making your own backup, but it would be very foolish to buy one on e.g. eBay, and expect it to work.

Equally, home-made DVDs work perfectly for playing MP3s in the COMAND head unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom