Command has lost GPS link

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rotar

Car
S Class
The Command navigation follows the left right truns of the car. BUT it thinks the car is some 50 miles away, at the location it froze.

I have tried the following with no success;
1. turn off and on
2. Reboot
3. Removed the disk and replaced it again
4. scatched head, looked confused :wallbash:

The symptons would tend to suggest (at least to me) that the GPS link is not functioning and is not being reset by any of the above actions.

Can anyone make any further suggestions?

All help appreciated....

The Command navigation follows the left right truns of the car. BUT it thinks the car is some 50 miles away, at the location it froze.

I have tried the following with no success;
1. turn off and on
2. Reboot
3. Removed the disk and replaced it again
4. scatched head, looked confused :wallbash:

The symptons would tend to suggest (at least to me) that the GPS link is not functioning and is not being reset by any of the above actions.

Can anyone make any further suggestions?

All help appreciated....

How many satellites does the system see?
You need at least 4 for it work properly.

Its an S320 Diesel. 2005, 05 plate.

Its an S320 Diesel. 2005, 05 plate.

Select MAP to get a map display

On the head unit press one of the buttons at the side of the screen. Then select DISPLAY then MAP and select Current position/location. Press BACK to go back to the map display. At the bottom of the screen you should see a small satellite symbol. Under this is the number of satellites that can be seen. Is it '-' or '0' or something else?

Thats your problem.

Suggest you install a new antenna first off. When installed it will take about 20 minutes to collect up the satellites. After that it should be fine.

This fixes 90% of these problems.

I installed mine yesterday (w209 NTG2) with an original antenna i bought from comandonline about 2 years ago but after 2 days the sats are still 0, next week i am gonna try with a new antenna and i will send you a mail to see what we can do with the original antenna if it is faulty!

All sorted by Alfie! Great service and he managed to accomodate a last minute reschedule.

Thanks again Alfie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom