COMMAND MAP UPDATES

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Delboy0127

Car
MERCEDES S213 E CLASS E220 D PREMIUM AMG LINE ESTATE 2017
Hi

Having just paid for a further 3 years of map updates along with other items.

Command system current version 2017 (v5.4 ) Europe

What is the latest version available.
I have just been told by Mercedes that I have to now download the maps onto a SD CARD or memory stick then download in to car system

What size Sd card or memory stick will I require I require Europe Maps only.

Any good video available showing exactly what to do

i welcome your comments please

Hi

Having just paid for a further 3 years of map updates along with other items.

Command system current version 2017 (v5.4 ) Europe

What is the latest version available.
I have just been told by Mercedes that I have to now download the maps onto a SD CARD or memory stick then download in to car system

What size Sd card or memory stick will I require I require Europe Maps only.

Any good video available showing exactly what to do

i welcome your comments please

Assuming your car is equipped with COMAND (and not with Audio20 / Garmin Map Pilot), then have a look at this post:

I have uploaded two sets of EU maps since March, so suspect the map version changes every 6 months or so. You need to keep checking your Mercedes Me portal and that tells you what is the latest map and software. Downloading the maps onto a SD card (I use a 32 GB one) can take two hours and then another 2-3 hours to upload in the car. Easily to upload when you are driving as this is done in the background.
One thing I found very strange, the Mercedes Download Manager did not recognise the SD card even though it was formated as MB stated. It was not until I filled the empty USB data port that it suddenly worked. Maybe my set-up but that confused me for hours

Hi I have still not been able to update maps. I am using a iMac computer can download Mercedes downloader ok via Mercedes Me when I click on the downloader its says it cannot be opened as it cannot be virus checked by apple I have a 64gb sd card to download maps onto Any suggestions please welcome

Last edited:
I have uploaded two sets of EU maps since March, so suspect the map version changes every 6 months or so. You need to keep checking your Mercedes Me portal and that tells you what is the latest map and software. Downloading the maps onto a SD card (I use a 32 GB one) can take two hours and then another 2-3 hours to upload in the car. Easily to upload when you are driving as this is done in the background.
One thing I found very strange, the Mercedes Download Manager did not recognise the SD card even though it was formated as MB stated. It was not until I filled the empty USB data port that it suddenly worked. Maybe my set-up but that confused me for hours
Hi I have still not been able to update maps. I am using a iMac computer can download Mercedes downloader via Mercedes Me when I click on the downloader its says it cannot be opened as it cannot be virus checked by apple. I have a 64gb sd card to download maps onto Any suggestions please welcome

I had my command updated last December, there was no sd cards involved and this is what they put on then 547F3EA5-2376-4CDC-8960-227F65DB2DC7.jpeg

I had my command updated last December, there was no sd cards involved and this is what they put on then View attachment 104916

It's usually done by copying the map data to the internal HDD from a USB flash drive, much quicker than copying it from an SD-Card.

(Garmin map Pilot is a different story, the navigation software and the maps are both supplied on one SD-card, which stays in the SD-card slot, i.e. the files don't get copied to the satnav)

It's usually done by copying the map data to the internal HDD from a USB flash drive, much quicker than copying it from an SD-Card.

(Garmin map Pilot is a different story, the navigation software and the maps are both supplied on one SD-card, which stays in the SD-card slot, i.e. the files don't get copied to the satnav)
Still cannot get Map downloader to open on my iMac So I cannot download the updated maps from my iMac to a sd card then update my car from the sd card?

Surely you must know someone with a PC that can do it for you?

Thank you bob6600 for help
Have now resolved issue gave up trying to use my mac computer.
Switched to my windows Pc Downloader downloaded straight away,

Downloaded UK maps onto a 4gb USB stick formatted to ex fat took about 1 hour

Just download off USB stick into car took approx 45 minutes job done.

Just one question the download from my PC said it was 2020 version V19, the version history in the car does not tally with this after the download, is this correct?

Thank you bob6600 for help
Have now resolved issue gave up trying to use my mac computer.
Switched to my windows Pc Downloader downloaded straight away,

Downloaded UK maps onto a 4gb USB stick formatted to ex fat took about 1 hour

Just download off USB stick into car took approx 45 minutes job done.

Just one question the download from my PC said it was 2020 version V19, the version history in the car does not tally with this after the download, is this correct?

The v19.0 maps for COMAND 5.5 (which is what I think you have) is a 40gb download - how did it fit on a 4gb USB drive?

The v19.0 maps for COMAND 5.5 (which is what I think you have) is a 40gb download - how did it fit on a 4gb USB drive?
I think V 19 may be for the whole of the maps I just down loaded the UK section only 2.5gb plus add ons of about 500mb is says. Correct me if I am wrong I am not a technical expert at all.

MARKJAY You have also answered my question because I have only download the UK section this has upgraded the UK section only of my current software. Hence why it is showing my current version history and not version 19 which I assume it would do if I downloaded all of the maps, For the moment I do not have a memory stick of that capacity which may be expensive me thinks.

A branded 64gb USB 3 stick from Amazon will cost under a tenner (e.g. SanDisk).

And, although you could argue that if you never take the car out of the UK then updating all of Europe maps is pointless, you should also keep in mind that you can only carry-out these updates for free while the car is still within its first 3 years from date of free registration - after that, any map updates will be chargeable.

A branded 64gb USB 3 stick from Amazon will cost under a tenner (e.g. SanDisk).

And, although you could argue that if you never take the car out of the UK then updating all of Europe maps is pointless, you should also keep in mind that you can only carry-out these updates for free while the car is still within its first 3 years from date of free registration - after that, any map updates will be chargeable.
Thank you mark jay for help
Would a 64gb USB STICK have enough capacity to download the whole of version19 2020 map update ?
My car is over 3 years now and I have already paid a new 3 year subscription for various continuations of different things and updates.

As you say for the small cost £10 approx it would be worth getting 64gb usb stick. I have a 64gb sandisk sd card but apparently you cannot use them to upload in the car. My windows computer also doesn't have an SD slot . very pleased anyway have made progress and have a better understanding of how map updates are now done.
Sincere thanks once again for your help. I assume I just order a 64gb Usb memory stick anything particular to look for when ordering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom