Command ntg 2.5 (Alpine BZ9811)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wideofthemark

Car
W169 A180 1.9
I am desperately hoping that someone can help - wanting to upgrade my old German lady a little i purchased an Alpine BZ9811 navigation head unit from ebay - also full set of cables etc. Went readily into my A180... only to come up with ANTI THEFT MESSAGE..... I understand that the PIN of the headunit requires coding into car... OK but i dont know what the donor vehicle for the radio was... and I dont have a PIN. I then googled and tried a couple of those WE PROVIDE YOUR RADIO CODE places online... and both failed! Please, please can someone help me?

Attachments

• alpine merc radio.jpg
    alpine merc radio.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 3
First post on the forum and has aquired a nice radio for which you need the pin......hmmmmmm

Logic tells me ask the person you got it from, was it with a box/instructions etc, on the other hand do you think it could be ahem nicked so to say. The person who sold the radio will have the answers.

Good luck and keep us posted

I am desperately hoping that someone can help - wanting to upgrade my old German lady a little i purchased an Alpine BZ9811 navigation head unit from ebay - also full set of cables etc. Went readily into my A180... only to come up with ANTI THEFT MESSAGE..... I understand that the PIN of the headunit requires coding into car... OK but i dont know what the donor vehicle for the radio was... and I dont have a PIN. I then googled and tried a couple of those WE PROVIDE YOUR RADIO CODE places online... and both failed! Please, please can someone help me?
[email protected] can get the code and then enable the unit for you. However, this will be chargeable and a check will be made for theft. Suggest you have a word with the seller about the units provenance.

[email protected] can get the code and then enable the unit for you. However, this will be chargeable and a check will be made for theft. Suggest you have a word with the seller about the units provenance.
Hey Alfie,

Thanks for your answer....
The Ebay seller never had code with the donor vehicle and didnt have head unit removed.... I am desperately hoping this IS the truth....in the meantime i would be only too happy to pay someone to recover or reprogramme code, and absolutely go through ANY theft check etc

First post on the forum and has aquired a nice radio for which you need the pin......hmmmmmm

Logic tells me ask the person you got it from, was it with a box/instructions etc, on the other hand do you think it could be ahem nicked so to say. The person who sold the radio will have the answers.

Good luck and keep us posted
Hi Mioba,

Thanks for the reply.... I am desperately hoping there is nothing dodgy about the radio... the original seller didnt have any correspondence with it and said they never had cause to know code as it was always in donor vehicle....
For my part, i am only too happy to provide proof of purchase and details of my own vehicle

Hi Mioba,

Thanks for the reply.... I am desperately hoping there is nothing dodgy about the radio... the original seller didnt have any correspondence with it and said they never had cause to know code as it was always in donor vehicle....
For my part, i am only too happy to provide proof of purchase and details of my own vehicle
Can the seller confirm he was the owner of the donor vehicle? If so get the vin or the registration and I can check if that unit came from that vehicle.

Simply ask the seller to provide the VIN of the donor car as you need that information to unlock the unit / make it compatible with present car. It is a legitimate question and understandable.

🥳 ok folks - the Ebayer responded and the VIN number of donor vehicle should be as follows WDF63981323702889

Contact Alfie (above) - we can get the PIN codes (after theft check) and it will need unlocking with Xentry (and in fact, may need a software update to allow latest maps, and may need coding (depending on whether Vito had rear speakers, or any other options such as DAB or HK (which is less likely on a Vito)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom