Command NTG4 map update download

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaks101

Car
C320 cdi
Does anyone have a link for a current map update for the w204 NTG4 as i'm after the full postcode input, it seems bizarre tht my old garmin can do it but not command
I have been struggling to find it on torrent or similar, i figure i might as well just download it rather than pay for one of the £35 updates from various websites that are probably just copies anyway.

Even with a map update NTG4 doesnt support full 7 digit postcode input.

npuk said:

That's rubbish. I seem to recall on a 2010 c class that the centre instrument cluster had a but of a Mercedes start up screen does it upstate this as I thought it looked a bit trick

I've have just retrofitted an NTG4 (definately NOT 4.5) into my W207 E-Class coupe and the original maps were 5 digit postcodes. I've updated with the v6.0 (2011/12) update and now I have 7 digit postcode entry.
Bizarrely you still have to select the street but now there is only one street in the list to select from.

The current maps are v7.0

So I can say for clarity W212 W207 NTG4 does have 7 digit postcodes with, at least, map version 6.0.

SW ver. : GPS-NR-212-0.23
HW ver. : 10200:00
Geodetic: wgs84
Visible : 9
Used : 0
Antenna : Open
Almanac : 255

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link for a current map update for the w204 NTG4 as i'm after the full postcode input, it seems bizarre tht my old garmin can do it but not command
I have been struggling to find it on torrent or similar, i figure i might as well just download it rather than pay for one of the £35 updates from various websites that are probably just copies anyway.

Be VERY careful with copies as we have seem a few comand units rendered utterly useless by copied disks failing to update properly.

Plus of course it is illegal.

An old thread I know, but my new to me 2010 W212 E350 CDI cab has NTG4 with full 7 digit postcodes. I'm not sure which software or map version I have - anyone know how to find out?

The post above yours gives the details of the Comand guru - phone or email Alfie, he'll see you right.

Interesting that NTG4 on a W212 and W217 has full 7 digit postcode, whereas NTG4 on a 2008 S204, even with the latest update installed, does not - and when I asked Alfie about getting 7 digit postcode, just after I bought the car 2 years ago, he advised that I needed NTG4.5 (as in the facelift 204) and that involved a new dashboard as well as a new Comand unit.

Yes I was told an upgrade NTG4.5 was the way forward as well, sadly, my email advising of the 7 digit postcode in my NTG4, 4 days ago has had no reply

Last edited:
As I suggested, a phone call or email to Comandonline is one way forward, or the search facility on here and on MBOA for how to access the appropriate (?Engineers?) menu.

MB released an update for NTG4 in W212 and W207 (i.e NTG4-W212) that added 7 digit postcode on some units. I haven't found proper details ever of what firmware, what map, and perhaps what hardware is needed. I have come across a W212 that we said would work with 7 digit post-code after latest firmware and map, and it did not - which is why I say "some" units.

They have not done same for NTG4 in W204 or R197 (SLS).

This seems a good thread to start a question on. If lots of people with W212/W207 want to tell me their VIN and whether that have 7 digit post-code, then I will try and work out the real answer for everyone's benefit (and i'll work out how to check the firmware and map versions next time there is one in the workshop)

Richard

While you're at it Richard, figure out how you can update a W/S204 NTG4 to 7 digit postcode without ripping out the dash etc!!

OK, hope springs eternal - and my ancient Navman is there if all else fails!!

Yes I was told an upgrade NTG4.5 was the way forward as well, sadly, my email advising of the 7 digit postcode in my NTG4, 4 days ago has had no reply

Im sorry if you didnt get a reply. We answer all emails within 24 hours even christmas/weekends etc so I can only think we didnt get it or it went into a spam folder.

Please re-send it and we will prioritise it.

Im sorry if you didnt get a reply. We answer all emails within 24 hours even christmas/weekends etc so I can only think we didnt get it or it went into a spam folder.

Please re-send it and we will prioritise it.

No probs - this was my email, and on reflection, I didn't actually ask for a reply, so my fault I think:doh:

"Just an update, I’ve collected the car today and I’m quite pleased with the COMAND unit. Tune2air works really well, and amazingly it has 7 digit postcode input, despite it being an NTG4 unit which looks exactly like this one Comand APS NTG 4 with DVD-Changer E-Class W212 - Original Auto Navigation Systems for Mercedes

I just thought I’d let you know about the 7 digit postcodes!"

No probs - this was my email, and on reflection, I didn't actually ask for a reply, so my fault I think:doh:

"Just an update, I’ve collected the car today and I’m quite pleased with the COMAND unit. Tune2air works really well, and amazingly it has 7 digit postcode input, despite it being an NTG4 unit which looks exactly like this one Comand APS NTG 4 with DVD-Changer E-Class W212 - Original Auto Navigation Systems for Mercedes

I just thought I’d let you know about the 7 digit postcodes!"

Thats great news. Can you email us your VIN number so we can add it to the database and find out what units will and wont support the 7 digit postcode?

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom