Command NTG4 Update Discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul73mt

Car
2010 C350 CDI Sport sold , 2015 E250 CDI AMG Line Sold
does anybody know when the next update discs will be released for the above unit as I last updated last year (version 12 ) so I thought there should be one to be released soon???

I'm not trying to be funny…are roads built or changed so often so as to require a yearly update? Maybe Aflie or Richard would know for sure of no-one else does.

We tend to tell people to change disks when they notice or every 2-3 years - unless they travel a lot.

There is lots of other stuff in there apart from roads. House numbers get added, the TMC database does change (more roads being added), and as they are maps of Europe the coverage does get extended.

TomTom do quarterly map updates for portable devices, so yes there is a reason to update reasonably regularly.

Richard

PS, it is my suspicion that as more and more people have no clue how to use a map book and have only ever learned to drive with Satnav, there will be a requirement for even more regular updates. Perhaps with updates delivered constantly over the air.

As all new Mercedes with the COMAND now have data SIMs and communicate for their TomTom HD traffic and other stuff I imagine this isn't too far away !!!
- so it will all be free for 3 years and then you'll pay a subscription

Richard

I'm not trying to be funny…are roads built or changed so often so as to require a yearly update? Maybe Aflie or Richard would know for sure of no-one else does.

There has been a few road changes near me that's why I want to update. But it appears there hasn't been a release yet of the v13 ( only v12) being sold on command-online. My car has a service booked later in the week so I will ask if they know when it will be released.

Interestingly the pirates already have V16 2015-16 for sale on Ebay - some even claim the DVD's are genuine MB, the real cheapie (from Bulgaria!) is polite enough to say he's selling a copy! MB's site lists a DVD under this part number : A2048270600
Navigations-Update, Audio 50 APS, Europa, Version 2015/2016 - Navigation - Mercedes-Benz Shop Deutschland
but it says APS50 rather than Comand NTG4, so don't know if it's the correct DVD for Comand.

I also had an email saying the next version was out but I Need Comand APS V13 not APS 50

but it says APS50 rather than Comand NTG4, so don't know if it's the correct DVD for Comand.

Its for APS50 as it says. COMAND is completely different. The current COMAND disk for NTG4 (in W204 and SLS) is still 2014/2015. Mercedes don't give any notice of releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom