Command Parking Sensor possible issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hiya

Like most, I work and do not have time to leave my car with MB or the hassle of going there.

Bought the car brand new in April MB GLE, AMG-line - I'm the only driver, covered about 4k miles, no accidents (keyed a couple of months ago) or contact with garage door/wall etc.

Noted an intermittent situation a few months ago, EG, when parked nose first to garage door, firing up car early mornings, most times the parking sensors to the front would bleep red and turn off. No matter what I did that is press parking sensors switch on/off would not work until the car turned off and on. Now I park back up to garage and during the cold spell recently been doing the same thing again and last week had to restart car twice for it to work. I'm losing confidence.

I'm aware that all parking sensor lights go off over a certain speed and below 5mph i think the 2 amber lights come on indicating systems working. The system works as it should when it is working, but if it switches off by it self, you have to restart the car and as the parking sensor on/off switch does not do the trick

Should I take to MB, anyone else had a similar problem with their MB please?

Last edited:
Almost certainly one or more sensors failing.

Best is to get the codes read. As it's under warranty get it back to the dealer for them to sort out

Hi

Many thanks for the speedy response. Will get booked in 2/3 weeks time when I have a few days off other than the Banks Hols
Cheers

Let MB sort it out as it's still under warranty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom