Command problem

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by popes11, Apr 24, 2014.

1. popes11

popes11 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    r class
    Hi
    My command screen ntg2 on R class was frozen last week whilest on holiday. Screen all lit up but no buttons responding. I did not get round to finding the fuse to pull out or un plug the battery.To be honest didn't want to set off a change reaction whilest on holiday . Tonight as I was waxing the car etc a message came up on command saying it was going to shut down in 3 mins as the battery was low. Happy to let it do that as I thought that may reset. It went off and will now not switch back on. Tried making a phone call to the unit and that switched the command on to receive the call. When I ended the incoming call it switched itself off again. Any ideas or is it still un plug the battery as a first attempt to reset. Also noticed when I was looking at the fuse box that one 10amp fuse was missing . Didn't want to just stick a replacement in without knowing why it was missing or if it was needed.
    Thanks for any help.

2. OP
    OP
    popes11

popes11 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    r class
    All fixed. Rather than sleep on it I was out with a mobile flashlight. Pulled the fuse and put it back in after a min. All working and I can sleep tonight. I think the command unit was flattening the car battery. There was a noise coming from the command unit as it was trying access the sat nav disk. Even when the key was out it was doing it. The car has been a just slightly slow to start past few mornings so I think the battery was getting weak due to command unit contining to access the disk.:bannana: