Command reads emails in German

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s88

Car
E320CDI & SL350
2006 SL 350. I discovered in the Command set up today that it reads the email in German!
I clicked the English in settings and appears to have made no difference, am having no joy finding this little gem in the instructions, it just says you can have your emails/sms read to you.

Did a full reset as well, which did not sound too healthy.

Eerything esle appeared to be OK and in English.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Phone is a Nokia 6310i.

Many thanks,
S88

Does anyone have any ideas?

Learn German?

Seriously though - does it really take messages in English, then translate them into German to read out? I'd be flabbergasted if the system had that capability.

Last edited:
sms mesages and texts

Rory,

Have had a few hours with the manual tonight! It can do all sorts of things, not sure how much use it all is though.

Well I think will have to get one of the sons to send me a phrase in English that he also knows in German.
Sadly it was not one of my O levels, all those years ago!

Technology eh,

happy motoring
S88

Ein schneller hahn mit einem hammer sollte ihn heraus sortieren.
Hoffen Sie dass hilfen :D

Nr. einem Hammer die Elektronik beschädigen könnten. Verwenden Sie eine Clenched Faust für diesen Job. Die daraus resultierenden Blutergüsse auf der Hand Kissen die Auswirkungen und Schäden zu vermeiden und gleichzeitig genug, das Problem zu beheben.

Afraid hiting it with a hammer has not worked!
Any more bright ideas?

In all seriousness, the son sent a text in english and the command reads it back to me in German!

Could be worse I could have bought Japanese!
S88

Your son is (successfully) pulling your chain?

Does the car have Linguatronic? Are you sure she's not just making an announcement etc?

I simply can't conceive that COMAND has the ability to do translations.

No linguatronic.
And it was not just an announcement as I had the son send a text in English that he also understood in German. ( And he is not pulling my chain).

Nav still reads in English it is only the texts on the phone that are in German.
have read on one site that it may be on the mapping disc, so not sure if I should take the disc out and insert again, see what happens.

Thanks,
S88

Is the phone in a fixed Nokia cradle ? (or using bluetooth ?)

The SL comand is different to the others, for instance with the latest s/w upgrade and latest map disk it does birds-eye-view !!

Richard

Richard,

yes it is a nokia 6310i in a fixed cradle.

Sl Map does have 3 views, North up, head up and birds eye.

Thanks,
S88

Did you ever manage to get it to read the texts in english?

My S320 comand does the same thing....very strange:confused:

Thanks

Adam

Adam, sorry for the delay been away a while!

never managed to get it to read in English.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Interestingly I retrofitted linguatronic and then it read them in english. I have to say it is very hard to understand. The accent is very poor and a few of the words it just says in German.

Adam

Eerything esle appeared to be OK and in English.

Many thanks,
S88

Yep, the English side of things looks fine to me:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom