Command - speed camera and traffic warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
I have now got a car with Command and so was going to leave the Tom Tom at home - only I miss the traffic update and speed camera warnings with Tom Tom. Can Command get these and if so how?

Thanks

Marc

I have now got a car with Command and so was going to leave the Tom Tom at home - only I miss the traffic update and speed camera warnings with Tom Tom. Can Command get these and if so how?

Thanks

Marc

You should have traffic info for UK at least if you have up-to-date map data (does not even have to be very recent, not sure if it "always" has been there for a W211).

Speed cameras have been discussed several times, in my opinion a car manufacturer that has a good image for safety would never do it (never know if they leave a back-door open at some point for personal POI data).

In Map view you should see red and yellow car icons depicting slow / stopped traffic.

In Nav mode you need to set it to Dynamic mode to get re-route info (COMAND will calc new routes atumatically)

Forgive my ignorance but how does the Command update real time?

It has two tuners, one permanently set to receive traffic info, it all happens in the background :)

It claims to be "real time" - but I find it is often 15 - 30 minutes behind the time......

No speed camera POI can be downloaded -sorry - I wish they could ...:(

It claims to be "real time" - but I find it is often 15 - 30 minutes behind the time......

No speed camera POI can be downloaded -sorry - I wish they could ...:(

You define real time as "real time" :) , unfortunately the car can not show the info any sooner than it appears from the FM radio channel. Once it is broadcast, it is pretty immediate.

My comand only has one tuner so you have to decide which is better - traffic and classic FM or your own radio station choice. I normally have the latter on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom