Command/telephone problems c32

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB1215

Car
C32 ESTATE
Hello,
I'm new to this so I hope i'm doing it right!
I've had a 1991 c32 estate from new - the command unit works but it now has no sound.
I had every available extra when i purchased it including lingustic and a nokia 6210 hands free module and bose sound upgrade.
i think the problem is the phone unit as fuse number forty blows immediately if you put a new fuse in and if i do the diagnostic check it ticks everything but the phone.
i'm not bothered about the phone so i think i have to find the phone unit/module and use a fibre optic coupler to by pass it, is this correct?
If so can someone please tell me where the phone module is located it is an estate - i've looked in the boot but couldn't see it, could it be behind the bose sub woofer or is it under the centre arm rest where the phone is?
Is there a lingustic controller somewhere that uses this fuse and could that be the problem if so could you please tell me where that is?
Alternatively is there a simple reason why the phone fuse would blow and is this easily fixed
many thanks

Are you sure it is a 1991 C32 with linguatronic and a GSM phone?

Hello
thanks for replying you're right it was a typo it's 2001 (september)

regards

Both the telephone control unit and the voice control unit are at the trunk floor, at the area behind the rear seat backrest. Just remove the wiring harness and the fibre cables and join the fibre or remove one fibre leg if possible (to make the fibre ring complete again).

Thank you again for responding
in the trunk there are two side compartments - the fuse box and first aid/toolkit on the left and the bose and tv unit on the right.
if i lift up the floor panel there is the recess for the spare wheel - i don't have one i have a gel and pump that is stored here.
is the phone module below this recess ie under what looks like a fixed "carpet" can this floor be removed?
thanks again
regards

Perhaps easier to see from the attached photo.

Attachments

• S203 telephone interface.JPG
    S203 telephone interface.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 9
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Thanks to your photo have found and by-passed phone unit now comand is working - really pleased

Best Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom