Command tv prob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy albert

Car
2001 C32 AMG
Hi I recently got my tv module to work on my C32 with command by simply plugging it in. I used to get the no tv on the command when you press the tv button , when i plugged it in all was well , good, my passengers can watch the dvd that is installed to the Aux input on the tv module. Now its back to no tv on the screen , I think the module has given up the ghost , not that i could watch tv but the dvd player was working till now. I checked the fuse on the module itself its not that . Any ideas welcome. Thanks

Bill

I know nothing really about this sort of stuff, but my understanding was that as the analogue signal is now switched off, these MB TV tuners will no longer work...??

Mine doesn't seem to get a signal anymore either. I have suspected it was due to the reason Elite says.

Sorry to hijack your post a bit and I don't have any insight to your problem unfortunately but where the hell is this Aux input that people keep talking about on the TV tuner? People talk about these comand systems like theres a universal idiot guide I'm not aware of lol.

Sorry to hijack your post a bit and I don't have any insight to your problem unfortunately but where the hell is this Aux input that people keep talking about on the TV tuner? People talk about these comand systems like theres a universal idiot guide I'm not aware of lol.

There's often a auxiliary audio input in the glovebox - if you're talking about your C32 then I think it was only fitted at the factory after a year or two production, so you may not have one.

If it's there, then on the W203 you open the glove box and the upper section is asymmetrically split into two compartments. Look on the left hand side wall of the left hand compartment, an inch or two back - it looks a lot lie a silver fixing!!

Hi I recently got my tv module to work on my C32 with command by simply plugging it in. I used to get the no tv on the command when you press the tv button , when i plugged it in all was well , good, my passengers can watch the dvd that is installed to the Aux input on the tv module. Now its back to no tv on the screen , I think the module has given up the ghost , not that i could watch tv but the dvd player was working till now. I checked the fuse on the module itself its not that . Any ideas welcome. Thanks

Bill

Where did you find the tuner Billy?

Still doesn't power up did the other day though :( so get no tv when I press the tv button , when it powered up the other day I could navigate the menu to the av 1 and 2 which is what I want to do again :(

Still doesn't power up did the other day though :( so get no tv when I press the tv button , when it powered up the other day I could navigate the menu to the av 1 and 2 which is what I want to do again :(

I was hoping you were a little closer to me. Thought it might be possible to plug my unit into your car, as a test to see if its ur unit thats gone or a fault elsewhere.

Thanks that would be good where are you ? I am looking for a replacement from breakers ATM if I can get one cheap enough because I do t want it for the tv but for the aux ,

The red black and yellow cables are attached to the pins but not via a plug , they were already done to the car looked a half decent job so left it

Thanks that would be good where are you ? I am looking for a replacement from breakers ATM if I can get one cheap enough because I do t want it for the tv but for the aux ,

The red black and yellow cables are attached to the pins but not via a plug , they were already done to the car looked a half decent job so left it

Down in kent, near Tunbridge wells. Bit of a distance from you I think

Yer not too bad. Bloody roadworks round my area gives me about 8mpg lol. Few little issues with her at the mo but working through them slowly. How's yours? I got family up Braintree area and I'm up that way in a few weeks time I think. So if you don't get anywhere with the breakers I could give you a shout so you can try my unit.

8 mpg wow :( I average 20 the car has only 28000 miles on a 51 has loads of receipts for expensive work , my main concern is the jerk which I believe is the torque conv , I changed the gb fluid and diff oil which were black , think the car has been driven hard in the past , other than that all is well , strong engine and looking to euro charge and map , does yours jerk like others ?

I may have luck with a breaker just got to get the part number as he took loads of parts from the boot and doesn't know what they are .

I also regased the ac now all good

Just for info as you're asking (and apologies for nto keeping on track), Yup, I think near 22 average over a coupel of thousand of mixed local and motorway stuff, and yes, the torque converter jumps a little when it locks up at 1500 rpm. Good teat I was told about is to select second, and lightly get moving. If it jumps a little at 1500, it obviously not changing gear as you have it locked in, but you're feeling the TC lockup. The joys of having a powerful car thet benifits from having a lockup!
Best of luck with the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom