Command Upgrade - SL600 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
Comand Upgrade - SL600 ?

Hi

A Question for anybody who may be able to help......

A colleague has a '99 SL 600 and wishes to upgrade his early version of Comand to the latest version ('02) - he has been advised by the dealer that this is not possible at all - regardless of how much money he wants to spend !!

a) Is this true ?

b) If not, is anybody able to advise who may be able to undertake this ? He has considered buying an SL55 AMG, but for the sake of a Comand upgrade would much rather keep his current car !!

Thanks

Simon

---------------------------------
'99 C200 Elegance Estate

Last edited:
If you let me know which version of COMAND he has i can tell you.

On his COMAND goto AUX menu (AUX sound selction) and then press and hold, mute, 1 and 3 at the same time. Then select versions and tell me what part number it has ie 215xxxxxx or 129xxxxxx

Hi

Apparently, his system pre-dates Comand, and is called "Auto-Pilot" - it has no numeric keypad.

Regards, Simon

--------------------------------
'99 C200 Elegance Estate

Hi

Apparently, his system predates Comand and is called Auto-Pilot. It has no numeric keypad.

Regards, Simon

'99 C200 Elegance Estate

Firstly , to get comand to even fit , you would have to cut up the dash to make the double din unit to go in.

Other people have done it , and im sure they will give you advice on how they did it.

From what ive read , you should be able to use a comand unit from an ML which does not have CANBUS on it.

OR maybe im just about to be shot down and told im talking rubbish.

I heard it is a major task to fit comand into an sl , not just cutting a double din hole but behind the console is some kind of metal bracing that needs moving - plus lots of fabrication work to the console some info I think on megacomm.de

but it can be done if enough time, money and energy is applied :)

Thanks all for the replies - seems like the dealer may have been telling the truth on this occasion !!

I don't think he will want to have his dash carved up, so looks like I will have to persuade him to go for the SL 55 instead - such hard decisions to make !!

Cheers,

Simon.

'99 C200 Elegance Estate

mail [email protected] a link to this thread before you ask him to buy a new car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom