Command Video Input / reverse Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi Guys,

I have read that on the rear of the Command unit there is a video Aux connection. its a FAKRA connection.
Does anyone know if this will take a standard video input, i.e NTSC or PAL?
If I activate the reverse camera in the engineering menu, if a say NTSC standard video input is on, will this show on the screen without any other devices required?
So a standard reverse camera, with NTSC connected to this input would work when reverse is engaged?

Hi Guys,

I have read that on the rear of the Command unit there is a video Aux connection. its a FAKRA connection.
Does anyone know if this will take a standard video input, i.e NTSC or PAL?
If I activate the reverse camera in the engineering menu, if a say NTSC standard video input is on, will this show on the screen without any other devices required?
So a standard reverse camera, with NTSC connected to this input would work when reverse is engaged?

You havnt said which car/comand unit this is but in essence if there is a green Fakra on the rear of the comand then this can be used as an NTSC input from a reverse camera.

Oppps sorry, its a 2013 C63.

So if i purchased a camera, NTSC, connected it to the FAKRA it would work ok?

Also, would the image be mirrored with a standard camera?

When I added a rearview camera to my w204, I needed a firmware update before it would work. Alfie at Comand did the update for me.

My car is in for the full update with Mercedes in a couple of week.

Anyone any idea about if the images on a standard camera will be mirrored?

Oppps sorry, its a 2013 C63.

So if i purchased a camera, NTSC, connected it to the FAKRA it would work ok?

Probably yes and why would it be mirrored?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom