Comments on Sponsorship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I need some help/advice.

I'm putting together some sponsorship packs to approach potential sponsors for the Mongol Rally and created this "menu". That said, I'm not sure it's entirely useful.

Put yourself in the shoes of a company being approached, what would you think of this? What would you change?

Any feedback appreciated... anything really... don't know who to bounce this off before approaching companies.

Individual (unlimited)
- £any
- your name printed on a sticker on the car
- updated throughout the event
- a thank you on social media to 3000+ followers

Bronze (5 available)
- £100 sponsorship or goods in kind
- logo on car x2
- logo on sponsors page of website
- three posts in social media advertising company to over 3000 followers
+ custom offerings, speak to us!

Silver (3 available)
- £500 sponsorship or goods in kind
- medium logo on car x2
- logo on a selection (min 50%) of updates on website blog
- five posts in social media advertising company to over 3000 followers

Gold (1 available - 1 already gone)
- £1000 sponsorship or goods in kind
- large logo on car x2
- logo on a selection (min 50%) of updates on website blog
- logo on a selection (min 50%) of website
- ongoing posts in social media advertising company to over 3000 followers during event
- pictures during rally with your product/logo in at least 3 strange and foreign locations

Platinum (1 available)
- £2500 sponsorship or goods in kind
- large logo on car x2
- logo on entire bonnet of car
- logo on a all of updates on website blog
- logo on all pages of website
- logo on team t-shirts, flyers and all printed material
- logo on material sold for fundraising (e.g. t-shirts, mugs, etc)
- posts in social media advertising company to over 3000 followers
- ongoing posts in social media advertising company to over 3000 followers during event
- pictures during rally with your product/logo in at least 5 strange and foreign locations

Give some idea of the sizes of "name sticker" as well as the sizes of the standard, medium and large logos to go on your car.

Capitalise and/or italicise "SPONSORS" in "logo on sponsors page of website" under all the categories (I first read it as a missed apostrophe in "sponsor's" :doh:

Under the gold package, change "logo on a selection (min 50%) of website" to "logo on a selection (min 50% of pages) of website" (or you may find them expecting their logo on half the total space of the website!)

Instead of "strange locations", I'd prefer "unusual locations". But that's just a personal preference.

I assume you'll be including a brief introduction about yourself, your co-driver, the Mongol rally itself and the charity. Business owners don't want to waste time going to your website until their interest is there.

Good luck with it all. You know you have my support. (It was minus 34C in Ulaanbaatar at the weekend!)

Thanks! Very useful :)

I could have sworn I saw two other posts here, but they're disapeared. odd.

As for the introduction, yes - this isn't something ready to go out, but me trying to set some sensible levels.

I need to spend an evening with photoshop and create some flyers that look pretty and write a cover letter before going out to local businesses.

Currently have a few newspapers lined up, but all want a picture of the car... which I wont have until next weekend as I'm waiting for the rally stickers. Hoping to have something on CNN as well soon, so if that works out I'll be really pleased with my marketing drive :D

M.

Do you think that something like "have the rally car appear at your event/site/office/etc for a day" would be of interest?

Or maybe "get chauffeured around in the micra" for a day?

I was thinking of approaching a local food delivery (e.g. pizzas, chinese, etc) restaurant and offering to do their deliveries for free for a night in return for some exposure. Something like, I can include my flyer with every delivery I do that evening...

M.

While having the car at a sponsor's place of business is a really great idea, (they can take PR photos etc for their own press release) there may be geographical issues - if you are looking for local sponsors this is no problem.

Fast food delivery could be fun - and maybe interesting to local press…

You could always print some sponsorship "stickers" on A4 paper - add blu-tac and snap quickly - so you have some photos for the newspapers...

What charity would be the beneficiary?

Regarding individual sponsorship, an option to sponsor anonymously would be my preferred option. Retain the updates though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom