comments/suggested improvements please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

MB Enthusiast
Car
2000 SL500, 2005 Touareg 5.0 V10 diesel
To this ad on PH for my very lovely SL500.
Toppishly priced I know, for the time of year, but I'm open to offers......have I made that clear enough in the ad?

Nick

Mercedes : Mercedes Benz SL500

how very dare you sir

You put a unnecessary negative in:

Only negatives you should put in would be the ones describing faults..

Other than that, looks good :D

I agree, also take out the bit about what it would cost from a dealer, that's just your opinion and irrelevant IMO.

I would drop the 'bad time of year for convertibles' line tbh.
I also think you are asking way too much- the new shape SL is hitting the £15k mark now, so buyers are going to notice that, I'm afraid.
I hope I'm wrong though.....

It's a great time of year to buy a convertible... low price due to the season :)

Sl500

I'm part-exchanging it this week for an outrageously low amount.
It really is a cracking car and I'd rather it went to someone on here than see it go to a dealer and get marked up big time by them.

Anyone interested at £10k please let me know.

Nick

I also think you are asking way too much- the new shape SL is hitting the £15k mark now

I don`t think that at all,I`d rather take this than a 230 but each to their own
Is a real shame that Nick is on the rush to sell as he would get the asking price,I`m sure.The pano roofs alone go for over 1k

While the value of 230s obviously has a bearing on 129 prices, I would imagine that the vast majority of SL buyers are after either specifically a 129 or a 230 respectively.

A very good 129 at top 129 money is arguably a far better buy than the cheapest and earliest 230 for similar money.

But whether you agree with that or not, the top quality 129s represent fabulous vfm for someone either as an every day car or a summer toy.
I will hanker after another one in a couple of years, but for now my heart is set on a porsche.

I notice your suspension is higher on the nearside too, same as mine and quite a lot of 99-00 R129's.

I'd say the price is good for that mileage. I've seen some 2000 models go for as much as £12k with that sort of mileage.

Last edited:
Please don't misunderstand my intention- I think it looks a cracking car, but he asked for input and I gave it..... There are people out there that will go for a mint 129 over a higher mileage 230 but they are, in my experience, few and far between. Put a private plate on an early R230 and it looks £30k.
Apologies if this offends the purists but it is true, I'm afraid...

doesn't offend me.
But I do think there are two different markets there: 129 and 230 - apples and pears for me.

The pics. do make the car look like it's sitting high, particularly at the front. I think partly due to the angle of the front wheels?

Looks lovely but very high?

I guess its the angle you have taken the picture on the drive?

Doubt it would pit people off who are seriously looking. Good luck with the sale

Lovely looking car - would be good to see the engine too?

10 grand and you can stare at it for as long as you like !!!

Lovely looking car and as was said earlier, I would turn the comment regards the time of year around, because it is the perfect time of year to buy a convertible.

Regards the 129 versus the 230, I have had a 129 before and whilst I don't like to have the same car twice, I would buy a 129 over a 230 in the £15k price bracket for two reasons; the first being that 129's have rear seats and second that 230's are very complicated and far too likely to have expensive faults with all the sophisticated gadgets and gizmos they have on them, the scariest being the air suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom