commercial/site lighting expert?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
Two lighting threads tonight !
I am in the middle of a floodlit winter training trial down at the kids footie. We bought a couple of 6kva generators and four semi commercial 5m tripods, each 110volt with 4 x 500w halogen floodlights. All is well except we are going through bulbs quicker than petrol!!! I think the issue is the taking down and putting up of the tripods each night, 2 nights a week. Now that we are up and running I am looking to possibly change the light fittings to accommodate a rougher-in-service arrangement.
Has anyone any experience in this regard? The tripods are fairly decent, not the DIY-shed crap!

TIA

Give the lights a few minutes to cool before moving them. When the filament is still hot it is even more fragile than usual.

did a trial with branded bulbs which seem a touch better, may look at halide fittings as time goes on...

Give the lights a few minutes to cool before moving them. When the filament is still hot it is even more fragile than usual.

Whot he said ^^^ Also check the output of the generators to make sure the voltage is not too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom