Common Faults on w210 estates please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LawrenceMB

Car
Work wagon: 1998 S210 E320 . Holidays: 2000 S210 E55. Sunny days! 2000 CLK430
Hiya, I just bought a year 2000 E320 Elegance Estate w210, it's pretty straight & has been well looked after. Amazingly all it needs to get it up to sctratch that I can see is a little rust taken out of front wheel arches & under 2 door rubbers, new front springs to correct low rideheight OSF (rear SLS tests ok thanks to info I found on this forum:thumb:). I'm on the case with these & I'll also change ATF & Filter as some of the upshifts are ever-so-slighltly elongated even when warm. Other than that I can't find anything else wrong with it - so, probably surprisingly to some - we're going to pop it into the shipping container with all our other belongings when we emmigrate back to NZ in 12 months time (I'm a kiwi, my Wife & kids British).
So, being that mb parts (not to mention cars!) are way more expensive in NZ, and I've got 11 months to get all I need, if you can all share any common faults you've experieinced with these models then I can do them preventively or just get the parts from here so I've got them when I need them. (I used to work for MB main dealers as a technician but left the trade halfway through the production run of W210 so no experience with common faults on them with a few miles under their belts).
Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks, Lawrence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom