Common Sense Not Required...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
According to the BBC report and the Guardian it was the girl who was fined.

Whatever, it was a pathetic and mean spirited way to approach the little girls initiative by jumped up self important nanny state officials. If I were the father I'd like to have given the officials a smack and stuff the consequences.

Fortunately someone within the council had a modicum of common sense and cancelled the fine and apologised.

Girl, 5, fined £150 for lemonade stand - BBC News
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/21/girl-fined-running-homemade-lemonade-stall

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story...the picture of the ticket shows the father's name. I suppose the daughter could also be called André.

From the article Graeme linked in post #17:
An Italian friend said it was yet another example of Britain’s addiction to pointless rules and regulations.
made me laugh. If ever there was a country with a regulation for everything, it's Italy. Still, at least they have the sense there to both ignore most of them, and not bother enforcing them either - something sadly lacking in the Tower Hamlets Council Enforcement Dept.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story...the picture of the ticket shows the father's name. I suppose the daughter could also be called André.

Who cares:dk: Its obviously pedantic day today.

Best message the Beeb and Guardian and let them know:rolleyes:

my point proven as the council rejected the fine and said sorry it's common sense like the title.

More likely the standard capitulation in the face of publicity.

Even when a large organisation is in the right it is difficult to argue back without things escalating.

My five-year-old daughter was fined £150 ... for selling lemonade

spicer-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqXkZFro0NjOykgoXy1hUQBuzG_RNXqPtPflXwtUTq5PY.jpg

The dad-Andre Spicer --- he's evidently a Professor of Organisational Behaviour :confused: and according to his profile a frequent commentator in the global media outlets such as FT, CNN, BBC, CNBC, Channel Four, The Guardian, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Times, Telegraph, Independent and many others.

Professor André Spicer | Cass Business School

The cynical part of me says he's set the situation up to get the response he wanted.

Who cares:dk: Its obviously pedantic day today.

Alcoholic anger-management issues day you mean...

Although that could be any day of the week with a Y in it.

Lol.

<Angry mode> Selling refreshments in a public space, without the relevant licence is against the law.
At what age do you think people should be above the law?
Do you really think that a 5 year old girl pushed that trolley and set up the table ?
I'm guessing daddy encouraged and assisted the girl - If he disagrees with the law, then what is he doing in this country?
</Less angry now>

I think they could have been asked to pack up and go home - Maybe they were

<Angry mode> Selling refreshments in a public space, without the relevant licence is against the law.
At what age do you think people should be above the law?
Do you really think that a 5 year old girl pushed that trolley and set up the table ?
I'm guessing daddy encouraged and assisted the girl - If he disagrees with the law, then what is he doing in this country?
</Less angry now>

https://youtu.be/0WmDrmVJTZk

Many years ago, I was arrested for asking 'Penny for the Guy', on Guy Faulks nights. I've only just been released.

:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom