Company Director Address - Advice Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

I had reason to look for a company/Directors name on the Internet. When I did a search it came back with the Directors address listed as my address (he used to live here years ago.

The company(s) are still trading and listed as such. Should I have any concerns about the address?

Notify Companies House.

I'd certainly get it removed. Should there be anything untoward with this fellas finances it could cause your address to be " blocked" by credit and financial institutions and is a right pain to get the address cleared.

Folks

I had reason to look for a company/Directors name on the Internet. When I did a search it came back with the Directors address listed as my address (he used to live here years ago.

The company(s) are still trading and listed as such. Should I have any concerns about the address?
Short answer is yes, in the same way you should be concerned if anyone is effectively using your address as a service address.

As above.

While company Directors are not legally liable for debt incurred by Limited companies (unless fraud is suspected), it is common for debt collectors to chase them at their home address (perhaps as form of intimidation).

Also, if the company happens to be investigated by HMRC you may have some explaining to do.

I would contact the Director in question and point out to him that his home address at Companies House is out of date, or failing that I would simply notify Companies House by letter, and keep a copy plus proof of posting.

Notify companies house and get it changed.
Alternatively, speak to someone at the company's registered address (like the company secretary - get it from their accounts maybe) and tell them to change it NOW.

Add your name as a shareholder - take some dividends :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom