Company director jailed after fitting laser jammer to Range Rover and giving speed cameras the finge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Giving the finger probably got him an extra 3 months:D

Laser jammers really aren't worth risking your licence and freedom for.

It shows that Jammers really do work though!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Some years ago I knew a guy who fitted his electronic garage door opener in the grill of his BMW I have forgotten if it was a laser but he got stopped and got away with it because he said he had forgotten to switch it off.

That’s harsh, a fine would be enough I say.

Also, how many people died as a result of him speeding through the camera locations? Hmmm I wonder how useful they really are :confused:

It shows that Jammers really do work though!

Yeah but ... LASER is used for mobile speed traps with an operator ... they have your car and reg. on video so you may get a visit to find out why they couldn't get a reading.

Pour encourager les autres...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but ... LASER is used for mobile speed traps with an operator ... they have your car and reg. on video so you may get a visit to find out why they couldn't get a reading.
If you repeatedly go through the speed trap like the case in hand yes, but as a one off when travelling around the Country unlikely, as you most likely live some distance from the trap under a different constabulary and user error can also give failed readings so suspicion is less likely to be raised.

I can understand drivers with many points or those driving for a living being tempted. Also the jammer can be switched off so if the trap is nearer home you can always go through it again shortly after at the correct speed to reduce suspicion but agree it is a huge risk considering the punishment..

I couldn't live with a jammer, If I was doing 90 and saw a distant cop/camera car/van in the distance, I'd be then worried for the next several weeks if I'm going to get a speeding ticket through the door or not.

Sensationalist headline. The guy is clearly an idiot. Doing it once is one thing but multiple times?
A picnic with no sandwiches springs to mind ...

Hi,
I believe he didn’t help his case by his rude gestures to the speed camera operators!
If he had simply driven through them without gesturing - he would probably have got away with it.
He then made a bigger mistake by self incriminating himself - at the police interview.
You can buy these laser devices as garage openers - they just happen to also interfere with the lasers used by speed cameras!
In the end, he seemed to got what he deserved by his actions and lack of knowledge of the law surrounding the use of such devices.
Cheers
Steve

Hi,
I believe he didn’t help his case by his rude gestures to the speed camera operators!
If he had simply driven through them without gesturing - he would probably have got away with it.
He then made a bigger mistake by self incriminating himself - at the police interview.
You can buy these laser devices as garage openers - they just happen to also interfere with the lasers used by speed cameras!
In the end, he seemed to got what he deserved by his actions and lack of knowledge of the law surrounding the use of such devices.
Cheers
Steve

Had it not been for the rude gestures he would almost have certainly got away with it - the police only started the investigation because of the gestures and for no other reason.

"After the case, Traffic Constable Andrew Forth said: ‘If you want to attract our attention, repeatedly gesturing at police camera vans with your middle finger while you’re driving a distinctive car fitted with a laser jammer is an excellent way to do it.".

These days, if your house / car / shed / garage is broken into the police often don't attend. And it's strange that when they receive reports from members of the public about dangerous or aggressive driving (often supported by footage) they usually show no interest and insist that "there's nothing we can do" or "we don't have the resources".

Yet when one of their own is the victim of a naughty hand gesture it's amazing what they can do and they're on it in an instant.

T

he same charge for messing with the layout of a vehicle number plate. serious stuff.
I believe that is up to £1000 fine but not a prisonable offence such as perverting the course of Justice, perverting the course is same charge for altering evidence and witness intimidation etc so basically they threw the book at him!

These days, if your house / car / shed / garage is broken into the police often don't attend. And it's strange that when they receive reports from members of the public about dangerous or aggressive driving (often supported by footage) they usually show no interest and insist that "there's nothing we can do" or "we don't have the resources".

Yet when one of their own is the victim of a naughty hand gesture it's amazing what they can do and they're on it in an instant.

While I agree with the above, "Lawnmower stolen from man's shed and police don't investigate" isn't much clickbait.

I did read somewhere that if you you go through and they fail to get a reading they take a note of your number then after a couple of times you can get a visit.
I recently got into a polite but firm conversation on Pistonheads South Coast with a local traffic cop about a motorcycle cop hiding behind a hedge/post office junction box with his speed gun along a road near where I live.
I did say it was bad PR for residents to see this sort of behaviour by the police and interestingly enough I haven't seen him there since.
Despite there being no accident in the 20 years I've lived here by all accounts it is a resident here who complains to them all the time, I found out who it is and told the silly old sod he's a wan*er as he was putting up one of those smiley/frown speed displays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom