Compare the Meerkat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Has anyone seen the comparethemarket.com advert with the Russian meerkat moaning that people are messing up his website because they are looking for the insurance site and not his comparethemeerkat.com

Well , i just went to www.comparethemeerkat.com and it is actually there , a spoof site set up by the insurance guys , made me laugh ! :D

Good work fellas !

Has anyone seen the comparethemarket.com advert with the Russian meerkat moaning that people are messing up his website because they are looking for the insurance site and not his comparethemeerkat.com

Well , i just went to www.comparethemeerkat.com and it is actually there , a spoof site set up by the insurance guys , made me laugh ! :D

Good work fellas !

SIMPLES:bannana:

Not just a single page either , you can actually compare loads of different meerkats !! :bannana:

Brilliant !

It's nice to see that even though he ad would have been cheaper to make without doing it , someone at the ad / insurance company has had a sense of humour and said ' sod the extra expense , just do it ! '

I know what you're thinkings. Is real silk dressing gown. You cannot affords.

why do kalahari meerkats have russian accents??

who knows?

love the campaign.

I hear that because they speak such good English that insurance companies are going to use Russian meerkats in customer services call centres-----hang on a mo I think I just spoke to one! :crazy:

Best Advert in a long time....... Although I suppose it just goes to show how un-imaginative most adverts are, and I'm sorry to say it, in this country compared to others, like the new Mitsubishi Advert done in New Zealand!

Yup very good advert ... unlike may other clever/amusing ones you DO remember who it's actually for!

I would have been very surprised if there were not a website associated with this advertisement, given that it is the whole point of the campaign. Given that the website functions as an extension of the advert, replaying the adverts and offering direct access to comparethemarket.com, I would imagine it is the savvy of the advertising agency behind this and would not necessarily ascribe any sense of humour to the insurance brokerage company it advertises.

I is visiting Compare The Meerkat for some times now.

I now am vaiting for Aleksander to claim breach of all his copy rights.

Compare The Market is doing very obviously usings Aleksander's fonts and graphics and he should be beings instructing his lawyer meerkats.

I vill for developmentings be vatching mit much interests.

The meerkat website will probably part of viral marketing strategy, powerful stuff.

Remember the old honestly-this-has-been-accidentally-leaked Thresher voucher that did the rounds?

about_us.jpg

It's an excellent campaign. I'm already finding myself tempted to use 'Simples' in conversation....

I just assumed it redirected to the real site. Nice one Howard, I think those ads are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom