Compensation Culture Gone Mad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
'Lawyers for Martinez's estate, in filing a medical malpractice suit, had argued that his cardiologist did not tell the man to avoid strenuous physical activity before the test was performed, and that high blood pressure as well as a risk of clogged arteries put him at risk.'

As far as I know these are all standard practices when advising a patient awaiting tests following complaints regarding chest pain... and at 31 the patient would have probably not been expecting any serious heart issues.

I've had similar advice from my NHS GP - when I was 36 - and so did others I know (at the time I chose to get the tests carried-out privately the next day because my work involved physical activity and I did not want to take a week off). So it is odd that the doctor did not follow procedure - assuming it is the same in the US as it is in the UK.

Said that.... $3m is excessive.... especially for a death where there are no ongoing medical expenses or lose of future income. I am assuming it was calculated on the basis that he was the breadwinner for his family, and that his wife and children will need to be provided for etc...

I agree totally with what you have said it just made me chuckle as to the circumstances of his death and the fact his family was awarded $3 m for his behaviour.

No offence intended towards his family.

His diet must have been shocking to have clogged arteries at 31...

'Jurors at a Gwinnett County court on Tuesday awarded his estate $5 million but they reduced it to $3m after finding him 40 per cent liable for his own death.'

They've calculated his gang-bang liability...

:D

At least he went out with a smile on his face. :)

Said that.... $3m is excessive.... especially for a death where there are no ongoing medical expenses or lose of future income. I am assuming it was calculated on the basis that he was the breadwinner for his family, and that his wife and children will need to be provided for etc...

Wasn't there a case here recently where a compensation payout to a widow was substantially reduced on the grounds that her husband's infidelity shortly before he died meant that the marriage was unlikely to have survived had he lived?

On that basis, perhaps Mr Martinez's credentials as future breadwinner for his family are looking a little suspect.

Wasn't there a case here recently where a compensation payout to a widow was substantially reduced on the grounds that her husband's infidelity shortly before he died meant that the marriage was unlikely to have survived had he lived?

On that basis, perhaps Mr Martinez's credentials as future breadwinner for his family are looking a little suspect.

He seemed happy to share his "staff of life" with his "companions":cool:

^ He wasn't one of the regulars in that lane near your house, was he?

Died during a threesome.........come come :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom