"Compensation" phone calls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
I am getting totally FED UP with incessant phone calls telling me that I "may" be able to claim for compensation.....etc.....etc.

I get them on my home phone (even though I am ex-directory) and mobile.

Up to now I have been civil and told them thanks but no thanks.
I am now beginning to get to the point where I will start getting irate and giving them a mouthful.

I used to get a very occasional call, maybe one a month, but I am now getting them daily. Today I have had 3 calls - all similar garbage.

I am beginning to fume..........:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I have been registered with TPS for years - but I still get the calls - I am now very rude to anyone who suggests I may be eligible for a refund, the callers often say that they are not selling you anything, so they are not covered by TPS (lies of course) - doesn't stop the calls, but it makes me feel better! Worst ones are the pre-recorded calls, where there is no point in getting rude.
I also get a lot of calls from India, from people called 'Roger' and 'Rachel' - TPS does not cover these 'international' calls - I either cut them off, or just put the phone down on the desk and leave them connected.

I have been registered with TPS for years - but I still get the calls - I am now very rude to anyone who suggests I may be eligible for a refund, the callers often say that they are not selling you anything, so they are not covered by TPS (lies of course) - doesn't stop the calls, but it makes me feel better! Worst ones are the pre-recorded calls, where there is no point in getting rude.
I also get a lot of calls from India, from people called 'Roger' and 'Rachel' - TPS does not cover these 'international' calls - I either cut them off, or just put the phone down on the desk and leave them connected.

Similar experience, I just tell them I will go and get them and put the phone down on the side.

I've had a few recently...

'blocked number' flashes up..ring ring, you answer and say Hello..then

Instantly its an automated message telling you if you have paid for loan insurance you can claim..arrgghh I regestered on TPS ages ago but they still get through do you have to update it? I've had the same mobile number for years and years.

Thanks

I've had a few recently...

'blocked number' flashes up..ring ring, you answer and say Hello..then

Instantly its an automated message telling you if you have paid for loan insurance you can claim..arrgghh I regestered on TPS ages ago but they still get through do you have to update it? I've had the same mobile number for years and years.

Thanks
Mind you it must be a soul destroying job working in telesales ,look on the other side of the coin some poor devil is getting paid a pittance to keep getting rejections all day long , so before your to nasty to them just put yourself in there shoes , I know I couldn't do that kind of work .

The TPS is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

I'm registered with it but still get the spam calls. As an experiment I played along with one long enough for them to tell me the name of their company and a number on which I could contact them. I reported them to the TPS with all the information and eventually received a reply stating they couldn't proceed with my complaint as they couldn't identify the caller.

Bunch of ****

I put them on speaker and put the phone on the side - a long pause and then "hello, hello, er, hello"

Literally seconds of fun :D.

I put them on speaker and put the phone on the side - a long pause and then "hello, hello, er, hello"

Literally seconds of fun :D.

I do that too....but I get at least a minute and a half fun before they hang up in frustration :D

^ wot they said. :bannana:

Some of the automated calls finish by saying if you want to unregister press 9.

Is it free to do this or will I be charged some astronomical sum on the QT?

A few times I've played along and shown an interest in what it is they are [ultimately] selling. The game is to see just how long you can keep them on the phone. Keep asking them to repeat certain things and run over details again and see how long it is before they realise they are not getting anywhere.

Druk;1683141 Some of the automated calls finish by saying if you want to unregister press 9. Is it free to do this or will I be charged some astronomical sum on the QT? .[/QUOTE said:
Tooooooo risky - who knows what the outcome might be :eek:.

Mind you it must be a soul destroying job working in telesales ,look on the other side of the coin some poor devil is getting paid a pittance to keep getting rejections all day long , so before your to nasty to them just put yourself in there shoes , I know I couldn't do that kind of work .

An individual is complicit in a activity if he/she is aware of its occurrence and has the ability to report the activity, but fails to do so. As such, the individual effectively allows individuals to carry out an action despite possibly being able to stop them, either directly or by contacting the authorities, thus making the individual a de facto accessory to the activity rather than an innocent bystander.

As such all call centre personnel are complict as are all the Telecom companies who forward these foreign calls to British telephone subscribers despite the fact its obviously telemarketing. Unless of course they think somebody's Auntie in Mumbai is phoning all her relations in the UK in alphabetical order! :rolleyes:

Just waste their time. always good for a laugh. Perhaps we could have a competition to see who can keep one going for the longest :D

An individual is complicit in a activity if he/she is aware of its occurrence and has the ability to report the activity, but fails to do so. As such, the individual effectively allows individuals to carry out an action despite possibly being able to stop them, either directly or by contacting the authorities, thus making the individual a de facto accessory to the activity rather than an innocent bystander.

As such all call centre personnel are complict as are all the Telecom companies who forward these foreign calls to British telephone subscribers despite the fact its obviously telemarketing. Unless of course they think somebody's Auntie in Mumbai is phoning all her relations in the UK in alphabetical order! :rolleyes:
???????????????????? erm in laymans terms

The TPS is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

I'm registered with it but still get the spam calls. As an experiment I played along with one long enough for them to tell me the name of their company and a number on which I could contact them. I reported them to the TPS with all the information and eventually received a reply stating they couldn't proceed with my complaint as they couldn't identify the caller.

Bunch of ****

Up to now I would have agreed, but times are changing!

Scots firm DM Design fined £90k over cold calling - Top stories - Scotsman.com

Russ

I just say - "Im naked - what you wearing" in a creepy husky sort of voice - usually gets them off the line.

The mrs hands the phone to out 2 yr old, who wanders off asking them if "they have seen ganny, i wanna biskit" etc.

The more people I can make leave the 'job' the less people that will phone me. Its their choice, no sympathy whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom