compensation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve c

since buying my C200K SPORTS COUPE W203 about 2 months ago it has been backwards and forwards to repair an oil leak, getting picked up again today for round 4, plus a load of other bother with warranty info/ lies off the salesman etc, etc, some fo you may remember off previous posts.
Anyway if and when its all sorted I am thinking of asking for some recompense but don,t know what (I am not a great complainer).
Is a free tow bar too much, or maybe next service free, or am I dreaming!!
your ideas would be appreciated

i have heard that if you call MB HQ milton keynes and write and talk to them nicely they might do some "goodwill" gestures in such scenarios. It varies through, depends who you talk too (probably what mood they are in).

One story i was told by an owner that when his MB transmission died, and even though his car was more than 8 years old and had done 110,000 miles and was out of warrenty, they fixed it free (probably 2k-3k job) becuause the nature of fault should not have occured in car of this age and mileage.

It also helps if you (or members of your family) have owned MB cars before, as they will view you as a prized customer (i know this sounds unfair to first time MB owners but apparently thats the way it works). In the case of the guy above, he and his family have owned various mercs for the last twenty years or so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom