Complete and utter iPod disaster !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
You are not going to believe this one. I got my iTrip this morning and took it into work to sort out at lunchtime. I've only had my iPod for two weeks and since I bought my car I've not had any music :( (apart from the appalling radio) so the iTrip would prove a Godsend until I get something proper sorted out. Or so I thought....
I was just about to walk out for lunch when my mate shouts over "I'll come with you and see it working". So we get in the car, plug the iTrip in, tune the radio and hey presto....MP3 heaven through the radio ! :bannana:
Well it lasted the grand total of three minutes. I was just about to put the iPod out of the way in the armrest when Andy says "Hey I've got a great place to put it". He then plonks it onto my mobile phone magnet which is stuck on the trim next to the COMAND. "Great" I said and then it played the next tune. Soon after the iPod packs in completely and all I got from it was a crunching sound from the hard disk. After 3 hours of trying to ressurect it by resets, trying to reformat hard disk - no joy. Completely cream crackered and it's now packaged up to return to Amazon. What a complete bummer :( :(

oops - Magnets and hard drives are not the best combination :eek:

We both work in IT !!! A couple of complete clowns we are :D

It wouldn't have occured to me that magnetics would have stuffed an ipod :eek:

I installed an iPod for a friend last week and it ate his hard disk! The installation software crashed, and on the next reboot, the hard disk had died. Co-incidence, I am sure, but very entertaining.

I feel for you!

I got an Ipod mini for free when I bought my laptop last year and I have to say I am not that impressed with them :( the firewire port keeps dropping and it took several reformats to get the bugger to work properly. the EQ settings just distort the sound. It makes a great portable harddisk though :)

I have the old style 40GB iPOD and use it as a jukebox playing through my hi fi. It's fabulous .. but the reproduction quality is not as good as the CD, especially when the volume is higher. It lacks depth and oomph. But what incredible convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom