Compressed Gas Cylinder Storage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
I'm a bit rusty about the current regulations concerning the rental, storage and handling of compressed gas cylinders e. g. oxygen, acetylene, argon . say from B.O.C. :confused: Perhaps some folks "in the trade" can enlighten me. Do they have to be stored in a suitable outside compound for example, and are there any regulations concerning their transport/storage where they are used?
Do these regulation apply to the home gas welding kits supplied by HALFORDS etc and are there any regulations concerning delivery to domestic premises.
Maybe some relevant info sites on the web??

i can't remember.

does BOC or Enerweld/ energas have any info on their web sites.

I do know you need a transport document with them whenever they travel, however they travel. BOC will give you one, of you have a friendly TradeEquip store close by.

Have a trawl through the BSi site. It might have some info you don't have to pay for on it.

However, if they are under a blanket they are safe. What the eye doesn't see, the mind won't miss!

Full size cylinders must be stored in a secure cage (note cage). Argon (and its derivatives), Oxygen and Acetylene must be stored separately in cages 20 yards apart. Half size cylinders suffer the same rules but can be stored with full size cylinders. Oxy/acetylene in a garage or workshop environment must be stored by an entrance door at close of business. On the outside of the door a warning must be displayed that inside there are flammable gases.

Thanks Ian. Can I ask where you got your info when setting up your premises and if you needed to apply in writing to the local authority,fire service or HSE or get the premises inspected?

Hi there

MayI help?, I have qualifications in dangerous goods transport (DGSA) and have worked for 20 years as in Field Safety for a couple of the major industrial gas companies.

What are you storing, transporting?

Send me a PM and I'll give you my mobile and we can chat

Cheers

Mike

We have a cage as Ian describes at our fuel station...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom