compression test results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

japimport

Car
mercedes c200 sport,mercedes c200 elegance.
heres the results of my compression test can anyone tell me if this is ok

4.12 bar 165psi
3,just over 12 bar 165psi
2,13 bar 170psi
1. just over 12 bar 165psi

from the front of the car

They are fine, all within spec and closely matched.

Sound about typical I would say, at least they're not wildly different from cylinder to cylinder.

Certainly acceptable for an older engine, and nothing to worry generally. Actually fairly decent figures I'd say.

Was the compression test carried out purely for acedemic reasons or are you having trouble with your car?

Will

i carried out the test just to rule out a problem im having at the momment some times when driving at motorway speeds and at running temperature the car would loose power and you would have to pump the accelerator to get the power back and to see if the car is in good health ive already changed ignition coils, sparkplugs, plug leads, mas sensor,fuel filter i might change the fuel pump

Last edited:
This could be the throttle actuator playing up. Quite common on an M111 engine

thanks ian whats the throttle actuator ive just bought another c class yesterday its the same year as mine and a 2 litre so i could switch them around and see what happens

Look at the inlet manifold. On the bulkhead side of the top of the manifold is a block with an electrical lead going to it. It is the butterfly valve thingy ( real technical eh?)

ok ive taken the butterfly thingy off the donor car it looks in great nick like it was only changed recently so im going to fit it to my car tommorow after work do i need to disconnect the battery while im doing it or is it a straight swap thanks in advance thomas

ok ive taken the butterfly thingy off the donor car it looks in great nick like it was only changed recently so im going to fit it to my car tommorow after work do i need to disconnect the battery while im doing it or is it a straight swap thanks in advance thomas
Clogs up with black sticky residue and prevents the butterfly from closing or the butterfly sticks when accelerating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom