Computer language in German :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

absolute88

Car
CLK 500
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help.

Ive just bought a 2003 CLK 500 Elegance, absolutely loving the car however the sat nav/centre console unit etc. language is german whilst the language on the computer in the dials is in English...

I've tried changing the system settings (with the help of google translate) but for some reason I can't change the language settings 'Sprache' as it won't let me because the option is low-lighted.

Any ideas?

Apologies if this subject has been discussed before!

Thanks

You need to have a map disk in to change the language on COMAND 2.0 - the languages are held on the disk.

R

If Comand in German you have pressed restore factory settings on your unit.
Insert Nav disc and reset language.
If your Comand will not read nav disc (or play a music cd), try cleaning cd one with eyelashes on it, if that fails your laser lens pick up may, be weak, out of alignment, or have broken (do not despair replacements can be bought of E bay for less than £80) .
Or as I did, took mine to a pc whizz who explained to me "lazy lasers" common place on pc towers, he simply readjusted them so they operated closer to cd disc so they still read cd's.
Bit of a dark art Comand repairs with lots of people waiting to take your folding in wads - They don't like giving away knowledge, consequently it can prove a diffcult slow process sorting Comand out yourself.
Persevere you will get there, plus lots of posts/information avaialable on this site if you look that will help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom