Computer spyware

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
Just been on British Gas website to do gas and electricity meter readings. 5 minutes later had a phone call ( not BG, tape message ) informing me I am on the wrong tariff. WTF !!!!

Odd... maybe BG passed on the details to a third party company who do the messaging for them?

I can't really see how spyware could obtain your telephone number unless you have keylogging malware and you've typed in the relevant contact number recently.

Even then - it would seem a bit odd, assuming you didn't type in your telephone number recently, why a system would wait until now to contact you 5 minutes after you've been on the BG site.

Coincidence, big one only 5 minutes later, :dk: pretty sure computer is clean, I regularly run AVG, Spybot and ccleaner, we get lots of cold calls, ppi, accidents in last 3 years, blah blah. Registration to the telephone preference service doesn't stop them.

coupe deville said:
Coincidence, big one only 5 minutes later, :dk: pretty sure computer is clean, I regularly run AVG, Spybot and ccleaner, we get lots of cold calls, ppi, accidents in last 3 years, blah blah. Registration to the telephone preference service doesn't stop them.

Another good one is malawarebytes .

Yes I've yet to find something MWB couldn't shift.

They do a free version if you don't mind non-memory resident.

I use a different virus / malware product and MWB to back it up.

Two pitch forks to stick up their weasily malware-creating asses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom