Con-fused... W204 F/L C220 CDI Wagon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sentinel-R1

Car
S204 C220 CDI AMG Sport
I'm a first time MB owner of all of two weeks. Absolutely loving the drive and luxury. I do have a bit of a confusing issue with fuses though if anyone can help?

I had to replace fuse 71 for the 12v power socket in the dash. No issue there but thought I'd check other fuses just in case something else needed replacing that wouldn't throw up a canbus error.

On looking at a w204 fuse diagram, I've got a couple of random fuses in places that are blank on the diagram, and the fuse diagram assumes you have every optional extra on the car.

I have a 5A in socket 79 and another 5A in 43.

Here's the diagram I was working off:

http://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...300-fuse-diagram-layout-w204-fuse-diagram.pdf

There are no aftermarket addons in the vehicle. It's completely standard as far as I'm aware. Anyone got anything similar or hazard a guess?

Cheers, Mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Without a schematic diag can't tell,if nothings wrong don't worry.

Ignorance is bliss doesn't work with me. :) I like to understand my cars.

I've had a dig around the toolkit and can't find the obligatory stamp sized folded fuse treasure map. It would be very handy.

Could anyone with a facelift c220 CDI photograph their fuse diagram for me please? It'd be a great help.

Last edited:
Have you checked in the fuse box in the end of the dash?

Yeah, I've checked all the fuse box locations. MB dealer told me it should have been folded up in the toolkit for my Model year.

I understand my cars,but diagnose them only when a fault occurs,if I had a
couple of fuses that were not on the fuse box legend I would pull them to see
what's not working.

I could do, but as a new MB owner and not being familiar with the car totally, it'd be a lot more helpful if I had access to a c220 CDI fuse layout card.

Yeah, there's wire going to both 5A fuses. I'm pretty sure that the fuse diagram I linked to above is NOT the right one for my car but can't find the right one. I've emailed the Service dept at Listers MB to get a replacement fuse diagram.

I'll take a pic of mine tonight for you, should be around 8pm. As far as I remember it looks the same as the link you supplied but I'll take a pic anyway.

Last edited:
Remember there was a major rewire with the facelift in 2012. I think MB gave up supplying fuse diagrams because ----[ whereas the overall layout was the same] certain differences would occur model to model-- e.g. the estate would be different from the saloon--- diesel engined cars might be different petrol--- and certain cars would have optional equipment fitted.
Could not find anything on fuse 79 but on one listing fuse 43 referred to the CD changer

I've had a dig around the toolkit and can't find the obligatory stamp sized folded fuse treasure map. It would be very handy.

Could anyone with a facelift c220 CDI photograph their fuse diagram for me please? It'd be a great help.

That diagram is for a 2007 car; I have a 2011 diagram which I removed from my Facelift when written off and there appear to be differences.

Let me know if you want me to do a copy.

Fuse 79 on my diagram is for Active Parking Assist and 43 is for Air Con and Heater.

Ernie

Last edited:
Same as Ernie, 43 is a/c system/ heater. 79 not shown and as my car doesn't have active parking it could be that.
It does state at the bottom of the diagram that fuses are based on equipment fitted. It doesn't mention spares on the diagram or in the blurb.

Thanks for the help everyone.

A scan or a decent photo would be really appreciated. :)

If you reply to my email with an email address, I'll send you the scans.

Ernie

2s0ygsl.jpg

rvvzv7.jpg

2071elh.jpg

Thanks Swinders. :)

Ernie, not got an email from you. I'll send you my email address by PM.

No worries, if you need to know what each relates to I can upload that too, but i think thats what you have already?

I can't send or receive PMs. Maybe because I'm a newbie member?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom