Concorde Simulator @ Brooklands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The cost is also less than the real thing, but will still set customers back either £139 or £395, depending on which package they choose.

Not cheap is it, especially as its just a dummy cockpit with a few controls hooked up to microsoft flight simulator. :eek:

Well exactly, doesn't even move like the commercial simulators. Imagine what an anticlimax it would be to see the Windows start up screen out of the "windows" of the cockpit!

Interesting but at that cost it's not far off a go in a real simulator that moves, albeit probably not quite as exotic a place as Concord

It's not 'just a dummy cockpit', but the original simulator used to train the pilots and is as close to a real ConcordE flight deck as you're likely to get. Where it is slightly let down is that the original simulator was rendered unusable by 'management' when Concorde ended its flying days and thus Brooklands have had to do their best to come up with some visuals that work fairly well. No motion though. :( I do have to say that the prices seem a bit steep, maybe they'll come down after a while.

I was informed that its using Microsoft Flight Simulator when I was there only a few weeks ago.

You could get a real return flight to New York for that sort of money.

Last edited:
I was informed that its using Microsoft Flight Simulator when I was there only a few weeks ago.

You could get a real return flight to New York for that sort of money.

Concorde one-way to New York with subsonic return was £3,500 in July 1994.

Sure, but you can fly return to New York for £300 on a 747.

Will they be teaching you to land ???

Yes, but if you take a suitcase with you to Brooklands at least you will still have it when you return home.

Concorde had a small forward cargo hold which they used if you checked in with a suit carrier. They guaranteed to have it on the baggage carousel within 8 minutes of landing. They honoured their word!

Concorde had a small forward cargo hold which they used if you checked in with a suit carrier. They guaranteed to have it on the baggage carousel within 8 minutes of landing. They honoured their word!

So that's why the nose always looked like it was drooping down - it was the weight of all those pin-striped suits stuffed in there.

So that's why the nose always looked like it was drooping down - it was the weight of all those pin-striped suits stuffed in there.

and all those lightweight 1980's gadgets :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom