Concours condition 250 4 door 1972 Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
Just saw a factory fresh 32 year old upright rectangular lights Mercedes saloon from 1972. In flat light blue, with 4 speed manual, no PAS, LHD and only 60k kms. It looked, felt and smelt brand new. Am smitten.

Anyone has any idea how much the car is worth?

Cheers,
SEAN

about 5K TOPS.

the W114 or /8 or strichacht (sp) isn't collectable in 4 door form

esp the 250 - which isnt fuel injected (like the 250e 280e 250ce and 280ce) - manual 4 speed (5 was availible). No PAS???? I find that strange. afaik it was std equipment.

you will see plenty on ebay - for not a lot. look out for rusty wings above the headlight, rusty sills in the front corners (lift carpet to check) rusty sunroof mech, rusty lower panel behind rear wheel at bottom, take spare wheel out and check bottom - there should be a 1/2" hole at the bottom and be solid.

not that I know these cars inside out or anything (see sig ;) )

wow, they want £10k :crazy:

I grew up with this series of Merc and so have irrational fondness for it ;)

The guy said it had no PAS, I didn't check when I looked under the immaculate bonnet.

There is not a spot of rust anywhere (looked in all the places you mentioned, and also under the car, which looked new with some dirt here and there). It has only been driven in the dry.

Sunroof worked perfectly, windows wind up and down smoothly, if a little tightly, switches are in pristine order, doors shut perfectly and boot shut perfectly -- you can hear and feel the quality and solidity.

Interior is also really immaculate.

Does all this make it worth anywhere near £10k?

not in my opinion.

if it had air con, electric windows, PAS and fuel injection - maybe 7.. OK - 8 for a 280CE (coupe) with all that

is it the 2.5 or 2.8? It can (confusingly) be either...

well, it said 250 on the boot lid :)

oh well, if it's overpriced, I can't "invest" with as long as sanity prevails :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom