Concrete garage panels wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Guys-bit of a long shot but I’m after four concrete garage panels, the type that bolt together, if anyone has some they want to get rid of or sell.
I’m after four panels, measuring a fairly standard 6ft 6” by 2ft. A big bonus would be if they are spar/pebbledashed finished. Please message me if you have any to sell or know where I can hold of some near to Chessington/Epsom area. Thank you

A good friend has an 'ex-display' un-assembled prefab like this that may fit the bill? (in Hinchley Wood).
Not sure if he'll ever use it after X years, so he may sell it quite cheaply.
You'll never find just 4 panels.

Thanks for the reply. Hinchley Wood would be ideal for me.
I have seen loads of individual panels for sale but unfortunately they are all miles away, mainly in the midlands and up north, and as you can imagine they are really heavy so it really makes them almost impossible to get down here. If you’re friend is happy to sell me just four panels please let me know. I couldn’t take the entire garage as I would then need to dispose of the rest of it

Thank you. That would be great.

I’ve already rang them and they were not willing to delivery panels, only complete garages due to their weight and the distance. I’m really struggling to find some 2nd hand or a supplier locally. I’m pretty sure it’s either a Lidget or Compton garage which according to one guy I spoke to can be identified by the type of spar finish and the distance between the holes that the coach bolts go through

To be honest, you’d get those easy enough in a regular transit.

Dare I say it probably even a large estate (eg E-class) - they’re heavy obviously (circa 100kg at a guess) but no heavier than 5/7 adult passengers and a boot full of luggage.

Thanks for looking but those look like the horizontal sections, whereas I’m after the vertical ones. I appreciate you taking the time nonetheless

To be honest, you’d get those easy enough in a regular transit.

Dare I say it probably even a large estate (eg E-class) - they’re heavy obviously (circa 100kg at a guess) but no heavier than 5/7 adult passengers and a boot full of luggage.
Will, spoke to my neighbour this evening and he got four 95kg panels in an Astra estate!!!

Will, spoke to my neighbour this evening and he got four 95kg panels in an Astra estate!!!
Although it sounds a lot, it’s about the same as going out with four largish friends. The car will perform differently in terms of acceleration, braking, and handling, but your car was probably designed to carry a 95th percentile adult (102kg according to Google) in each seat, plus luggage, so as long as you spread the load and protect your trim (pipe insulation may work well) then the concrete panels should be fine in the car. All of that said, I would find a van!

Although it sounds a lot, it’s about the same as going out with four largish friends. The car will perform differently in terms of acceleration, braking, and handling, but your car was probably designed to carry a 95th percentile adult (102kg according to Google) in each seat, plus luggage, so as long as you spread the load and protect your trim (pipe insulation may work well) then the concrete panels should be fine in the car. All of that said, I would find a van!
Finding a van is the easy bit. Finding the panels is proving to be a mission!!

Sob, sob, sob-My E Class has been sold. So I’ve had a C class, an SL and an E Class and got inspired by a recent camping trip to Dorset and bought..........a 2015 VW pop top camper, 2L Diesel DSG *hides as I’m a filthy defector*. Good news is that my partner still has an SLK.
So I need to make my garage longer and higher

Correct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom