Condensation in clk w209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Myclk55amg

Car
Mercedes clk 55 amg
Anybody got any ideas on what could help reduce my clk misting up inside? The w209 are absolutely shocking for it apparently, my dad w203 and that was bad too?

Is your AC working ok? Are the flaps on the climate control system fully functioning?

Yeah it's working fine it's more when been parked over night or when it's been raining it's the worst car I've had for condensating up

i personally would check to see if your carpets are wet,i have a 2003 clk and that doesnt condensate

I've just got a bag of desiccant in the well between the rear seats. - I don't think it's any worse than other cars I've owned (and my mats aren't wet), but I already had the desiccant.

Mostly I don't like the noise of thermotronic trying to clear the windscreen, but it doesn't take too long; even when there's frost and I don't have a scraper.

Never had a problem in my W209, sounds like you have a leak.

The drain holes on the black plastic under the windscreen wipers may be blocked. Had this problem a few years ago.

Our 203 from new used to steam up all the time. Turned out the flaps were incorrectly fitted so it was in recirculation mode all the time. Apparently there was a service bulletin about this issue to alert the dealers.

Mine has always done it too, although not all the time. Don't use it enough to develop a pattern although it's pretty regular if I leave the car on a cold day and come back an hour or so later. I keep meaning to shut the face-level etc vents and see if that makes a difference but always forget.

Yeah it's working fine it's more when been parked over night or when it's been raining it's the worst car I've had for condensating up

Are you using the AC at all times and all year round?

Dec

I can honestly say that my mats aren't wet and do not have a leak!. I also know that I'm not using my air conditioning is not on all the time, cheers for help though guys

If your AC is working properly, use it all the time and see if things improve, doesn’t matter if the heating is on hot or cold setting.
Mercedes recommend using the AC all the time to prevent windows steaming up.

Dec

If the mats are not wet the drain holes are ok. I have the AC on about 90% of the time and no steaming windows and I keep the same settings all year round.

Did you check the rubber window seals aren't letting water in? Check if the front carpets are damp?

Check under the carpets in the footwells, surface may well be dry but the underfelt could be sodden.

Cheers all for your advice

Last edited:
Yeah I've checked the carpets and under the carpets everything is as dry as a bone, going to try using the a/c more often see if this helps

Its a good idea to have a/c on all the time.

If you turn it off, then seals are likely to dry out and its expensive to then re-instate your a/c.

Don't ask how I know this.

Its a good idea to have a/c on all the time.

If you turn it off, then seals are likely to dry out and its expensive to then re-instate your a/c.

Don't ask how I know this.

How do you know this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom