condensation residual in the optical sensor (front camera) part of the windscreen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckj

Car
C200 AMG Line Premium Plus 2019
After having resolved the condensation issue with both my ILS headlights which was replaced by Mercedes, It appears there is also condensation residual in the optical sensor (front camera) part of the windscreen.

Has anyone come across this before?

Attachments

• IMG_9433.jpg
    IMG_9433.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 38
Thats easy to take apart and clean. But there's a heating element there on newer cars to stop that fogging / icing (which is controlled from the camera itself)

Remove cover, camera slides upward and pops out. Dont touch the camera lens. Then you can dry the windscreen

R

Thats easy to take apart and clean. But there's a heating element there on newer cars to stop that fogging / icing (which is controlled from the camera itself)

Remove cover, camera slides upward and pops out. Dont touch the camera lens. Then you can dry the windscreen

R

Just out of interest, how do you activate the heating element by the windscreen camera senor? or is this done automatically?

Ok, this has now been booked into Mercedes to be carried out under warranty.

I have noticed when driving at night, the multibeam led intelligent headlight system sometimes fails to recognise cars in front of me, and therefore, unfortunately for them, they get full beamed!

Let see if the cleaning of the windscreen makes any difference.

The camera controls the heating element.
R

The camera controls the heating element.
R

I see. So either the heating element is broken or there is some other contaminant on the windscreen other than water.

the heating element is really there to defrost the external surface. The camera fits flush to the windscreen so it may just be water got in and has no where to go!
I’m sure they’ll sort it. R

After having resolved the condensation issue with both my ILS headlights which was replaced by Mercedes, It appears there is also condensation residual in the optical sensor (front camera) part of the windscreen.

Has anyone come across this before?
Hi. I have this on my e250 2010. Condensation in front of the camera causes the high beam assist to shut down and stay in dipped mode until condensation clears.

Basically all winter this becomes a problem and then ok again in the warmer months. As far as I can tell mine has no heater for the camera to resolve this issue, so am wondering if a poor seal is being made by the black felt shroud that fits to the screen.

Seems unduly hopeful it would be so simple though:)

Did you get to the bottom of it on yours?

Hi. I have this on my e250 2010. Condensation in front of the camera causes the high beam assist to shut down and stay in dipped mode until condensation clears.

Basically all winter this becomes a problem and then ok again in the warmer months. As far as I can tell mine has no heater for the camera to resolve this issue, so am wondering if a poor seal is being made by the black felt shroud that fits to the screen.

Seems unduly hopeful it would be so simple though:)

Did you get to the bottom of it on yours?
Yes, Mercedes removed the unit and just gave the windscreen a quick clean...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom