Confused about Data Plan in Connect

• Thread starter Deleted member 154425
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 154425

I looked through the manual but there is very little I can find using my google magic.

I just got an expiration notice from Vodafone regarding IITC (Internet in the Car) - my question - is that only for the wifi hotspot or is that for other enabled services ?

And also - does it actually have any other internet enabled services such as Updates / Maps / Traffic etc. ? What else ? Emergency stuff etc. ?

I have seen in the manual that the SIM tray is in the glove compartment - so for all required services, could I just put it in my own EE sim for both data and phone and all active services remain working as long as my own sim is active ?

Create an account with Mercedes me online, than add your car's VIN to your account. Once this has been done you will be able to see online the list of services available for your car, e.g. TomTom Live Traffic subscription, remote locking/unlocking using the Mercedes me 2020 app), etc.

The Mercedes me services use the Vodafone simcard for Internet connection. As far as I know it isn't a physical simcard, instead it's built into a unit called the KOM Module (but it may differ from model to model), it has to use Vodafone, and it is paid-for by MB (when you purchase Mercedes me services).

Oh yea I done all the MercedesMe stuff but was just wondering as it said the internet services have expired. I think if I remember correctly the connection to MercedesMe services worked whilst it says no internet - so those are probably excluded so I wonder if the internet option is merely for the hotspot .. well once my car is back next week from Topaz I shall play around a bit with it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom